Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,894

3 members and 1,891 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Best Month to shop Reptile Shows (All Ohio Show in Columbus)? Pre or Post XMas?

I would like to buy a 2010 male to someday pair with my 2009 Pastel. Not looking to get really into collecting/breeding, but I was a biology major and think it would be cool to experiment with the genetics a bit. Ideally, I have my heart set on a nice lesser, but perhaps if something else came up I would be open to it. Price range is $100-300.

Getting to the point...I recently moved to Cincinnati from Columbus, but want to go up for either the December 18th show or the January 15th show. What are some thoughts on whether there will be better stock and/or prices before or after Christmas? I don't imagine the 2010s are "picked over by now" right? but is this time of year decent for finding an attractively priced, nice quality animal?
    0.1 Pastel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,267 Posts

Re: Best Month to shop Reptile Shows (All Ohio Show in Columbus)? Pre or Post XMas?

Dec-Feb you will most likely still find '10's available and some hatchlings that are from those who got early clutches. From what I've seen, the best shows for available hatchlings are Mar-Apr and Aug-Sep. I would say go to both shows and look, you never know. If you are looking for something to possibly breed, then I would suggest checking to see if the show is offering VIP tickets. Normally they are ordered online from the shows website and will allow you to get in early on the first day before general admission...
    "Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."

Thanks
    Pre-Christmas might get you some good deals with people trying to offload stuff to fund their own Christmas shopping....but the more important question is: Why not go to both? Two reptile shows are always better than one, right?

Thanks

Re: Best Month to shop Reptile Shows (All Ohio Show in Columbus)? Pre or Post XMas?

Quote Originally Posted by TrpnBils View Post
    Pre-Christmas might get you some good deals with people trying to offload stuff to fund their own Christmas shopping....but the more important question is: Why not go to both? Two reptile shows are always better than one, right?
    I agree! Its just that I'm a medical student now and really don't have a whole lot of free time...only gonna be time for one trip.
    0.1 Pastel

Thanks

Im actually going to show tomorrow just like every month.

Last show there were plenty 2010's and a few people i know who vend there also have some 2010's.

The 2010s are going a lot cheaper now that its getting close to the time to introduce 2011's so they unload some of them.

I would say between now - feb should be the best time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vypyrz View Post
    If you are looking for something to possibly breed, then I would suggest checking to see if the show is offering VIP tickets. Normally they are ordered online from the shows website and will allow you to get in early on the first day before general admission...
    Our show is only 1 day and from 9-3 sadly no VIP tickets Tho its also every month sooo
    Last edited by BuckeyeBalls; 11-19-2010 at 05:33 PM.
    Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimbus View Post
    I would like to buy a 2010 male to someday pair with my 2009 Pastel. Not looking to get really into collecting/breeding, but I was a biology major and think it would be cool to experiment with the genetics a bit. Ideally, I have my heart set on a nice lesser, but perhaps if something else came up I would be open to it. Price range is $100-300.

Getting to the point...I recently moved to Cincinnati from Columbus, but want to go up for either the December 18th show or the January 15th show. What are some thoughts on whether there will be better stock and/or prices before or after Christmas? I don't imagine the 2010s are "picked over by now" right? but is this time of year decent for finding an attractively priced, nice quality animal?
    You should be able to find some good stuff at the Reptile show coming up at the Holiday Inn Eastgate in Cincinnati, Ohio on January 9
    It will be a monthly show so keep going every month, I am sure you will find some awesome stuff!!!