Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,297

2 members and 3,295 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Re: Can you ship reptiles without being fed ex certified?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
    When did they change that? Because I literally just did this last month.
    Well when i called to get updated info on my account thats what the lady told me.I guess since people were having problems getting in touch with thier reps they changed it.So when ever you need help they can help you on the spot not days later like it used to be
    Joe Haggard

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I talked to my rep last week..
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    I talked to my rep last week..
    On his/her direct phone number? What i was saying is when you just call FEDEX directly they help you right then.
    Joe Haggard

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oh.. Cool..

Yea I have my reps direct phone number and extension..I also have her supervisors who use to be my account rep.. both really great ladies..
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by txherp View Post
    I tried to get certified years ago but it was not easy when I tried. You had to have a store front or something. I stopped using Fedex once ShipYourReptiles came a long, but they have problems too. I also haven't had to ship anything in a while. I have had stuff shipped to me though and I know not all of them were certified. Yes it is not legal but technically you CAN.

So, what does it take to get certified now a days?
    Yes, technically you have to have a "business" and can only ship "business" to "business". But you can say its a home business and just give them a name, even if you don't have a business or even a name for your hobby.

It could be as simple as "Jenn's Snakes" if your name was Jennifer or whatever.

I will say this, if you get a bad rep, it can be a nightmare. Though if they have changed it maybe its easier. If you still end up doing it the old way with a rep, get a good one.

My first time to get certified was a piece of cake. ~3 weeks from start to finish. Somehow they lost my certification along the way. Long story that I won't repeat. When I got re-certified, I got a horrible rep, who would never return my calls and took at least a week to get any paperwork done. I finally got fed up I called, asked to speak to a manger or boss, and got a new one. What had taken two months with my old rep, I got done in a week with my new one.
    Last edited by Blue Apple Herps; 11-18-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Apple Herps View Post
    Yes, technically you have to have a "business" and can only ship "business" to "business". But you can say its a home business and just give them a name, even if you don't have a business or even a name for your hobby.

I will say this, if you get a bad rep, it can be a nightmare. Though if they have changed it maybe its easier. If you still end up doing it the old way with a rep, get a good one.

My first time to get certified was a piece of cake. ~3 weeks from start to finish. Somehow they lost my certification along the way. Long story that I won't repeat. When I got re-certified, I got a horrible rep, who would never return my calls and took at least a week to get any paperwork done. I finally got fed up I called, asked to speak to a manger or boss, and got a new one. What had taken two months with my old rep, I got done in a week with my new one.
    We do have a home business, I thought that you had to also have a store front and that is why we never got certified. I will definately give this a try again, I hope I get a good rep...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

I will definately give this a try again, I hope I get a good rep...
    See if you can find someone in your general area who is already certified. They can usually hook you up with a good rep because they already know them.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Apple Herps View Post

Wouldn't this violate the terms of service at FedEx? Not trying to call you out, but I just recently got certified with FedEx and would like to know.

From what I have read on other forums, it appears to be a very common loophole that people do with FedEx shipping.

I guess the definition of "Business" according to FedEx is the real question at hand.....

Chris
    Chris Behof
    www.cbreptiles.com
    chrisbehof@yahoo.com
    Focused on creating Stellar Carpet Pythons

Thanks

We do have a home business, I thought that you had to also have a store front and that is why we never got certified. I will definately give this a try again, I hope I get a good rep...
    No store front needed, and it seems they have streamlined the process. Very easy to do as others have said, it just takes a bit of time and perhaps some reminder phone calls. So much easier than trying to find out who has the real UPS waiver this week!

Took me about 3 weeks from start to finish, and most of that was waiting on the actual waiver process. I called and left a message for a rep to contact me, sent out my test package the next day - before I even knew who my rep was, and then called her with my test package info once I got it via email (I had heard from her by then). Couple weeks later, waiver was emailed for me to sign, I sent it back, then they emailed me the final copy.
    `*`

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Behof View Post
    Wouldn't this violate the terms of service at FedEx? Not trying to call you out, but I just recently got certified with FedEx and would like to know.

From what I have read on other forums, it appears to be a very common loophole that people do with FedEx shipping.

I guess the definition of "Business" according to FedEx is the real question at hand.....

Chris
    It is kind of a grey area regarding what a business is. I imagine that the vast majority of people who are fedex certified don't actually have a "real" business but are just hobbyists.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast