Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,086

1 members and 3,085 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Thread: Question

Thanks

Smile Question

I have been offered a 2010 (female)Womba Python and $100.00 and mice for 6 months for my Pinstripe(female), Spider(female) and pastel(male) I am looking to down size what I have getting to much to take care of all 7 balls that I have. Is this a ok deal or am I really getting taken?
    Is there a way to tell if it is a Womba Ball Python or Womba Python.
    Someone told me to check cause the Womba Ball Python is worth less. Any help or ideas?
    Thank You

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Question

So far as I know, there is no such thing as a "WOMBA" ball. There is a "WOMA"...which is a ball python morph that is certainly not worthless. However I don't know what the market price is for them so I can't advise you on that score. There is also a "woma python" which is an entirely different species and much more advanced than a ball python...they get a lot bigger and are sometimes temperamental. So you definitely want to be sure which species they're talking about. And if the seller is spelling it "womba" there's a good chance he really has no idea what it is and it may be simply a normal.

If you could get us pictures, we could help ID it for you.

Not sure what you meant about the mice in the deal. But my advice would be that if you're struggling to care for your current collection of seven, then I would NOT consider ANY deal that included bringing in a new snake...especially one that you don't sound particularly certain of anyhow.

Going strictly on the info given without hearing anything else, I'd say this offer would be more wisely passed on.
    Last edited by JLC; 11-13-2010 at 03:58 PM.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just reread your original post and saw that this is a trade...you trade three of yours for one of his (and some mice)? Again...I'm uncertain about the market value of woma balls (if that is indeed what it is). And even after that understanding, it still sounds like an unwise deal if you don't know for certain what you'd be getting or if you even want it. (How can you want something you don't really know anything about?)
    -- Judy

Thanks

correction to question

Sorry my fault I am at work I spelled it wrong it is a woma python. So far looking online seems pretty gentle and easy to handle.
    I have 7 balls right now if I did this trade it would drop down to 4 balls and 1 woma python. I just saw photos of the woma and thought they are beautiful.
    The offer is a 2010 (female)Woma Python and $100.00 cash and 6 months worth of frozen mice. For my Pinstripe(female), Spider(female) and pastel(male) I am looking to down size what I have getting to many to take care of all 7 balls that I have. I just got carried away I felt fine and organized with 5 snakes but 7 just a little to much. Does this deal sound ok

Thanks

Woma Pythons are going for about 300$
    pinstripe balls 200-300
    spiders 150-225
    pastels 75-125
    look up rodent prices and just add in the cash and see how much your going to lose but i can be sure your snakes are worth a bit more.
    1.2 hog island boa
    0.4 normal BP
    1.0 mojo
    1.0 bee
    0.1 pinstripe
    0.3 pastels

Thanks

lets see..... a woma python is worth about 300..... plus a 100 cash, and not sure what 6 months of mice means..... 6 months ofmice for the woma or your entire collection... frozen orlive...... lots of room for interpretation there.....

Any way.... not sure of the size of your snakes so lets assume that they are all 2010's female pins are going fer around 250-300..... female spiders 200-250..... and say 50-100bucks on your pastel male..... so as a minimum your snakes as 2010's are worth 500, more than likely 600, and if your females have any size to them they are worth dramaticly more..... say your females are in the 600gram range they would be worth double what they are as hatchlings, and any thing over 1000g should be near a buck a gram, the male pastel isnt going to change much in value.....