Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,290

1 members and 2,289 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Post Reporting Observed Behaviour

Just thought I'd post something a little weird that I have been seeing with my spider lately.

To start off I was recently trying to breed him with my pastel female. I paired them for about a month and a half to see if she would accept him at all, but I knew she was a little young and I wasn't sure she was up to it yet. (She is 1400 grams otherwise) Turns out I never saw a single lock despite him laying with her constantly and coiling with her at times.

I decided to give it up and moved my spider back to his own cage for the last whole week and a half. During his longer time by himself I noticed that he seemed to be getting VERY stressed even thought it's his previous enclosure.

At least I -think- he is stressed because he was constantly wobbling and spinning in mid air as he tried to get out of the bin. He's never been this bad or wound up before IMO. He has also been very aggressive as of late and I figured it was to protect his woman!

Well, I didn't like the look of his crazy spinning so I tested it out and moved him back with my female pastel. Now he seems fine again. Still a bit aggressive and protective, but I think he was looking for his female in the other cage. He's always laying with her ect, but still I haven't seen a single lock. It's possible I might have missed one, but I don't think she is gravid nor ovulating. *shrug*

These are my observations. I'll probably let them go for a while longer to calm him down, but then move him back permanently to his own cage after that.
    A Girl with some Balls

0.1 BEL 1.0 Mojo 0.1 Pastel 1.0 Normal 1.0 Spider 0.1 Leopard gecko 0.1 Redtail Boa 0.0.1 Red Eyed Croc Skink Many Hissing Roaches

Thanks

Re: Reporting Observed Behaviour

Never bred any myself, but is it possible he's come to think of her tank as his? Maybe he's got a short term memory and you were dealing with moving stress again.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Sometimes my males "pace" during their breaks from breeding....I usually pair for 3 days and then give them a week off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeo123 View Post
    Never bred any myself, but is it possible he's come to think of her tank as his? Maybe he's got a short term memory and you were dealing with moving stress again.
    Yeah could be. I'll get him settled again eventually just thought I post this as I saw it happening the last week and a half.
    A Girl with some Balls

0.1 BEL 1.0 Mojo 0.1 Pastel 1.0 Normal 1.0 Spider 0.1 Leopard gecko 0.1 Redtail Boa 0.0.1 Red Eyed Croc Skink Many Hissing Roaches

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    Sometimes my males "pace" during their breaks from breeding....I usually pair for 3 days and then give them a week off.
    He was fine before(on breaks of two days after three on), but when he went back to being in his own cage for a long time it seemed to really freak him out. Well, he was spinning way more than I would have liked to see. I'll get him settled again I'm sure.
    A Girl with some Balls