Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,996

3 members and 2,993 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

possible sick snake

sorry its a long one, I fed him a f/t fuzzy not this past saturday but the saturday before, he ate it everything was fine, hes about 22 inches and than i went to get another one last thursday cuz i feed him every 5 days, and the lady at petco was talking to me and asking me about my bp and she said that hes ready for hoppers i told her how big his head was and i personally thought it was too much for him but she coaxed me into it (mistake number one)..... so i got one last thursday, fed it to him......well he had to stretch pretty fricken far just to get the head into his throte let alone the body, it took bout 10 min but he got it down, the temps are all good 84 cold and 93 hotside, but the humidity is 30 percent even did the tinfoil thing and still doesnt help and misting helps for about an hour well anyways the the next day i was going on a fishing trip for the wekend ive left him for a couple days before i figured heed be fine like the last time(mistake number 2) and when i came home on sunday he regurged the f/t hopper, and the fuzzy came up along with it that i fed him 5 days before the hopper, well the hopper and fuzzy must have sat there for a day or two cuz now he smells like rot and i cant get the smell off of him any ideas how???? and also he wont stop peeing he must have peed 5 times over the weekend i opened his mouth the color is pink like it should be no mucus pockets but there were little tiny bubbles in the back of his throte but nothing under his lips or anything but also i checked after i put him in a container of water so i can clean him and what not, could the water cause the bubbles and also he like shakes his head alot now idk if its because hes weak from the regurge or if hes sick and his tongue doesn't flicker normally its alot slower when it flickers like slow motion almost, please input is very much accepted, also starting from the anus moving tword his head, hes really fat at the anus than get really skinny for about 2 inches and than goes to his normal thickness could this be dew to the regurge?

Thanks

Re: possible sick snake

Normally when you open up the mouth, saliva bubbles will come up from the throat, so that is completely normal. Doesn't sounds like he's got an RI to me, but I would definitely monitor him since he regurged both meals. Sometimes snakes don't do very well after they regurged a huge meal since it takes a lot of effort to spit it back up rather than to take it down.

I'd wait 2 weeks to feed him as well, just so he has time to rest after that big regurge and so his stomach settles. Also, don't feed him as large fuzzies as he normally eats; I'd try feeding him smaller sized fuzzies for the first couple of feedings until you know he can keep the fuzzies down and is digesting them normally.

To make him stop smelling like rotted mice, I'd give him a warm bath for about 20 minutes. If that doesn't work, maybe a little bit of a longer soak. I wouldn't use anything other than just water in case the soap accidentally gets in the snake's mouth, eyes, nose, or heat pits.

People will definitely talk you into buying things, so stick with his regular food item until he's large enough to take larger food items.
    Tiff'z Morphz

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoolioTiffany For This Useful Post:

deathfromabove (11-08-2010),shelliebear (11-11-2010)