Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,485

1 members and 2,484 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Roger that. I am currently in the process of taking him out, rinsing him and giving him a nice, 20 min soak. After that, hes going back in the makeshift cage I have set up for him till tomorrow morning.

After that, I'm going to treat this whole situation like a regurge. No handling/feeding/bothering for 14 days and then feeding him a smaller than normal prey item. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Last edited by Black_Shark; 11-07-2010 at 12:29 AM.

Thanks
    UPDATE***

Well, after rinsing him, soaking him for 20 min and drying him off with a towel, he seems to be in tip-top shape. No wheezing, mucus, open mouth or signs of an RI. He is also acting completely normal, albeit a tad upset which is completely understandable. His tongue is flicking normally, normal head movement, normal curiousity. If I didnt know better, I would say that nothing happened to him.

Like I said above, I'm going to treat this as a regurge episode and the minute im back in Raleigh, put him in his tub and leave him alone for 14 days before feeding a smaller than normal prey item. Lets hope for the best! Thanks guys/gals!

Thanks
    Second Update***

Loki is in his 41Q tub with heat pad, water and 2 hides on top of Aspen. Noticed NO wheeing, mucus, clicking/anything related to RI. Thanks guys/gals!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Snake threw up water?? Need help immediately!!

Very glad to hear everything seems to be just fine!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    You and me both! I can't thank you guys enough haha. And while preparing his brand new tub/washing it out with water he just sat in my lap or stuck his head out exploring with the tongue flickering. Considering all that has transpired, I'm very surprised hes as calm as he is. He's just acting like nothing happened. My other 2 babies would have been going nuts by now!

BPnet Senior Member Brandon Osborne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Snakes are very similar in shape to a straw, only they can bend every way possible. I would put money on it having nothing at all to do with the soap, but how you were holding it after removing it from the water. Give any snake a big drink of water, hold it with it's head hanging down and see what happens. It's going to lose most of the water it just drank.

In regards to the others comments. I'm not saying the soap isn't bad, but I would put money on it not being the culprit.
    Brandon Osborne

Like Osborne Reptiles on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/osbornereptiles
    Take a look at our website!
    www.osbornereptiles.com

Thanks
    Well, it turns out that soap DOES act as a laxative. My guy pooped 5 times in one week after that ordeal and after figuring out his pooping/eating schedule I can tell you that this isnt normal. He normally poops, being fed an XL mouse once every 2 weeks, about 2 times between feedings.

BPnet Senior Member Brandon Osborne's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Snake threw up water?? Need help immediately!!

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Shark View Post
    Well, it turns out that soap DOES act as a laxative. My guy pooped 5 times in one week after that ordeal and after figuring out his pooping/eating schedule I can tell you that this isnt normal. He normally poops, being fed an XL mouse once every 2 weeks, about 2 times between feedings.
    How often are you feeding? My kings poop every day. They have higher metabolism, feeding more often, and pooping more often. I doubt the soap had any effect contrary to what some might say. Believe it or not, dish soad can actually be a good remedy for mites. Yep....I said it. I've cleaned lots of snakes with soap over the last 20+ years of keeping snakes. Haven't seen anything negative come of it.....but I'm sure I'll get a good scolding for saying this.
    Brandon Osborne

Like Osborne Reptiles on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/osbornereptiles
    Take a look at our website!
    www.osbornereptiles.com

Thanks
    Haha, well I only feed one XL (30-50g) mouse every 2 weeks to maintain weight or encourage slow growth. When I first got him over a month ago he weighed 592g. Now, after feeding him Monday and him pooping twice since then, he now weighs 604g. So it looks like my goal of maintaining his weight/slow growth is working! haha
    Last edited by Black_Shark; 12-17-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12