Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,092

0 members and 2,092 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
    Thanks

Science project. Help?

Hey guys, i'm new to the forum. I'm 15, and for biology we have to do a project. (No, i'm not going to do some crazy deforming experiment on my BP's. Haha.) And for the project we have to observe something over a span of 2-3 weeks. It also has to involve a controlled factor (Basically, just something in the experiment has to be under your control.) I wanted to do a cool project involving my BP's. I have 3 completely healthy, feeding ones, around 1 and a half feet each. Any suggestions? (Nothing really expensive, please) Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Re: Science project. Help?

I'm in a similar position. Maybe you could do a study on whether or not the temperature of the room will affect the way that your snake acts when it's being handled. Try handling them in the normal temperature room and maybe see how they react to your hands moving, then do the same in a room that's a few degrees cooler and then a few degrees warmer?
    1.0 Normal - Maynard
    1.0 POG - Victor
    0.1 YB - Diana

0.1 Pastel Boa - Astrid
    1.0 Salmon Boa -

1.1 Leopard Geckos

0.3.2 Inverts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Do you keep accurate records of how much you feed when and how heavy it is? You could always do a project on amount of feed eaten waste excreted and activity related to feeding cycles. It helps that the results are a bit predictable. You expect a certain behaviour see if you will get it or not. IE after feeding the retreat to the warm side hide for x hours and then ... you can see my point just watch the activity and see what the result is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kitedemon View Post
    Do you keep accurate records of how much you feed when and how heavy it is? You could always do a project on amount of feed eaten waste excreted and activity related to feeding cycles. It helps that the results are a bit predictable. You expect a certain behaviour see if you will get it or not. IE after feeding the retreat to the warm side hide for x hours and then ... you can see my point just watch the activity and see what the result is.
    Problem about keeping records is I just picked them up about 3 weeks ago, but i know plenty about them. So i don't really know their background feeding cycles. :/ Any other advise?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ihave3Balls. View Post
    Problem about keeping records is I just picked them up about 3 weeks ago, but i know plenty about them. So i don't really know their background feeding cycles. :/ Any other advise?
    well considering that you only got them 3 weeks ago and you don't know their normal habits, and the fact that the experiment is only in a 3 week span... I think that this may not be a suitable subject for your experiment

of course not saying that you can't try... just saying that it may be very difficult to see any conclusive results