Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,208

0 members and 3,208 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Um. I wouldn't picket McDonald's for not selling their burgers as a pasta dish just because I want them to. Petsmart has every right not to sell you something. Now if they sold snakes but only sold carrots as snake food that would warrant a picket. Petsmart sells frozen feeders for your snake not live ones. Don't like it don't shop there. Simple!
    Under Construction.....

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jay_Bunny For This Useful Post:

jfreels (11-05-2010),Rhasputin (11-06-2010),steveboos (11-05-2010)

Thanks

Re: Nothing like a verbal assault from Petsmart....

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Bunny View Post
    Um. I wouldn't picket McDonald's for not selling their burgers as a pasta dish just because I want them to. Petsmart has every right not to sell you something. Now if they sold snakes but only sold carrots as snake food that would warrant a picket. Petsmart sells frozen feeders for your snake not live ones. Don't like it don't shop there. Simple!
    LOL we can save the picketing of McDonalds for when they start getting their beef from overseas, where the rules and regs. are non existent compared to the USA.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Bunny View Post
    but what about people where there isn't another store?
    I think the high price Petsmart charges is good enough for protecting mice from being "snake food". For 7.00$ most of them will become pets. I think ultimately, in the long run, none of them will be bought at all, though, since they are charging a lot for a mouse. :/
    Besides, what about snakes that won't take F/T? 2 of mine do. 2 won't. I'd happily feed F/T to all of them, but these two are stubborn and will NOT eat it. Not even after a live one
    I wonder if they (Petsmart) worry as much about their snakes becoming pets as they do mice. Or their fish...or birds...
    Last edited by shelliebear; 11-04-2010 at 09:13 PM.
    2.3 normal ball pythons
    .1 ultramel motley het caramel corn snake
    1. butter motley het caramel+stripe corn snake
    1. fiance I had to rehome my kitty, and my dog got cancer and we put her down. RIP.(Did I forget anything??)

Thanks

I was put off when i found out they don't sell feeders as well, especially when i found the frozens and they were a) way too small, and b) way overpriced. Petsmart is now reserved for my dogs and maybe the pet rats. But snake stuff is from Petco or online.
    0.1 normal - Constantine, 0.1 Spider - Lilu
    3.0 doggies -Charlie (rottweiler), Luke (golden retriever), Dallas (german shepherd)
    1.0 Betta fish - Norris
    1.0 Rat - Forrest (R.I.P Mook and Milo)
    1.0 frenchman

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shelliebear View Post
    I think the high price Petsmart charges is good enough for protecting mice from being "snake food". For 7.00$ most of them will become pets. I think ultimately, in the long run, none of them will be bought at all, though, since they are charging a lot for a mouse. :/
    Besides, what about snakes that won't take F/T? 2 of mine do. 2 won't. I'd happily feed F/T to all of them, but these two are stubborn and will NOT eat it. Not even after a live one
    I wonder if they (Petsmart) worry as much about their snakes becoming pets as they do mice. Or their fish...or birds...
    PetSmart is a privately owned company. They're under no obligation to make sure your snake is healthy. Just like they're under no obligation to make sure your dog is healthy. After they sell you a critter, that's pretty much the end of the transaction. They don't have to provide you with the ability to feed it just like they don't have to provide you with vet care.

Really, if you think about it, that's a GOOD thing. It's called Freedom of Commerce.
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Thanks
    so whats up with petsmart selling normal ball pythons for $250 claiming they are "fancy ball pythons"? idk about you guys, but i never heard of a fancy morph lol

Thanks
    Fancy ball pythons are supposed to be pastels. Petsmart already sells normals for $80. $250 for a pastel in a retail store is not much different. Only problem is when they accidentally ship you a normal as a pastel to people who don't know the difference. I've had to tell my manager once we were sent a normal corn as an Anery.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shelliebear View Post
    We sell tons of mice as pets at $7 so that is not going to stop people who want pets.

It is not Petsmart's fault you cannot get live feeders for your snakes. They don't want to see live, and they should not be boycotted because they don't. Lets say I breed and sell snakes. I also sell and breed mice for the sole purpose of being a feeder. Someone comes up and wants to purchase one as a pet, but I only want to see them as feeders. That is my right to refuse to sell said mice as pets. They should not be held responsible for making sure your snakes are fed.

And yes, we care a lot about our snakes, birds, small animals, fish, etc. Heck, we have a small little corn snake that won't eat. I hand feed him several times a week because otherwise, he would die. This isn't Petsmarts fault he won't eat. Some hatchlings are just like that. I have one at home that won't eat on his own either.
    Under Construction.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay_Bunny For This Useful Post:

shelliebear (11-06-2010)

Thanks
    not saying you are by any means, but the people at the petsmart here are absolute morons on the grandest scale. corporate too apparently, if they think a very well established morph with a name already is a "fancy". the one here and a different one a few counties over had very clear normals marked as "fancy". when i asked the guy about it here, he said oh it has a different pattern.

as far as mice and rats as pets, $7 is pretty normal. i work at a pet store here and we sell fancy rats for 7.99, if we ever have them ( mainly the other people just throw them in the feeder bins though ). out of my personal stock/business i sell pet rats at anywhere from $5-$10 depending what they are (fancy,rex,dumbo, and soon hairless).

Thanks
    Yea, it sucks. The problem is, WE know the difference between a pastel and a normal but most of the time the people working at Petsmart have no clue about the reptile hobby, especially the snake hobby. They are clueless about morphs and sometimes even species of snakes. It's not their fault. They just don't know and it is up to them to find that kind of information for themselves.

We don't get "fancy" balls into our store. We do get corn snake morphs before that were labeled incorrectly.
    Under Construction.....

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast