Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,231

1 members and 3,230 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
    Thanks

Re: Nothing like a verbal assault from Petsmart....

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlovesmiike View Post
    That's what I'm saying. YOU did that for your store. Not upper management. They were very lucky to hire someone like you, who is dedicated to the animals and wants to give them the best home possible. If they would give me a job, I'd do the same thing. The problem is they don't look at my application and say "hey this girl has a lot of experience with reptiles, we should hire her because it would benefit our animals." They look at and say "oh she doesn't have enough work experience to be beneficial to our store." Do you see were the problem lies? Sure, YOUR store cares about its animals, but it took you to come in and do that FOR them. Most stores are not so lucky.
    x2 combine that with under staffed crews and you get poor customer service and or poor looking stores. Kudos to those of you who take pride in what you do. It seems like a lost art hence the 10%+ unemployment rate.

Thanks
    Management isn't educated either. They are there to make sure the store runs smoothly. Trust me, my pet care manager runs himself ragged sometimes because he has SO much to do. The way I see it, yes there are horrible stores out there. But all it takes is the effort of the employees to turn the store around. Look what my store did. Why can't that happen in all of the stores? You just have to let the stores know how you feel. Simply not shopping there is not going to solve the problem. They need to HEAR it from you. Go to management and tell them what you'd like to see in the store. They will listen. Every morning we have a meeting about how people are rating our store in the surveys. If you let management know about your concerns enough, eventually it will make its way higher.

Get a petition going and submit it to Petsmart. I would LOVE to get a petition going about Petsmarts policy on selling goldfish for bowls. Nothing will change if you are silent. It is a privately owned company yes, but they DO care what you think about their store and how they do business.
    Under Construction.....

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Jay_Bunny, I officially apologize.
    You do indeed sound like a knowledgable(sp) and honest guy.
    My open statement on box stores will remain however. Both of the chains need more people like you working them.
    In my experience, both with the chains, and even with my own store, people just don't care. It's just a job. Most have the start of loving animals and want to work at a pet store. It doesn't take long for the slacking to start.

Anyway, I apologize.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112