Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,974

0 members and 2,974 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Big Snake Enclosures

Quote Originally Posted by mumps View Post
    The breeder (I won't mention names) who told you that is an idiot. No way does a 4 foot tub house an adult male burm. My male is 5 and 13 - 14 feet long. How would I cram him in there?

And I have been using melamine for almost 20 years. Always made my own cages (even for bps). It might need replacing every 8 - 10 years, but for the price, it's still more cost effective than buying something premade. Besides, I have NOT found a commercially made enclosure that will house adequately (IMO) any snake larger than 10 feet.

Chris
    Sentecs are more then adequate from what iv heard, but economical.. well that's debateable lol especially when u get in to.. well two or more giants lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muddyredneck View Post
    Sentecs are more then adequate from what iv heard, but economical.. well that's debateable lol especially when u get in to.. well two or more giants lol
    I've seen the Sentecs, and like I said, I wouldn't put anything larger than 10 feet into their largest offering...

Grits: That's one beautiful burm man!!

Chris
    "That cute little lizard in the pet shop will, in a few short years, become an enormous, ferocious carnivore; capable of breaking the family cat's neck in a single snap and swallowing it whole." - Daniel Bennett

passion.herp
    passionherp.com
    info@passionherp.com
    facebook.com/passion.herp

Thanks
    What about the 8ft neo, would you not put anything larger then 10ft in that?
    Last edited by Utta; 11-10-2010 at 02:38 PM.
    Great men are not born, they are defined by their actions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Utta View Post
    i didnt suggest neos cause as far as i know they where discontinued and then reopened by someone else so i wasnt sure of quality or avalabilty.. i hear the old ones where the best of their time, cept for the looks department lol dont really find em very eye appealing or atleast not like ap or vision

Thanks
    The 8ft looks great imo. They arnt a slant front, look like a vision with more visibility. And I LIKE the slant front look the new ones are used by the SD zoo, so they can't be THAT bad
    Great men are not born, they are defined by their actions.

Thanks

The 8ft looks great imo. They arnt a slant front, look like a vision with more visibility. And I LIKE the slant front look the new ones are used by the SD zoo, so they can't be THAT bad
    yeah im just not a fan lol i know the old ones where like the sentec of there time tho so i figured they couldent be that bad and i was unaware the zoo used em so yeah guess they realyl cant be that bad lol

Thanks

I've seen the Sentecs, and like I said, I wouldn't put anything larger than 10 feet into their largest offering...

Grits: That's one beautiful burm man!!

Chris
    Thanks, She was a rescue and we are glad we were able to give her a home.

Thanks

Ah, the Neodeshas. Haven't seen them in years... I don't think they came in a 4 foot wide enclosure. All these premade enclosures may have a nice length but they are way too narrow, and the height sucks as well (especially if you're keeping retics). You have to be 8x4 to put anything bigger than 10 foot in my opinion. And anything over 15 feet you need bigger than that...

If you're of the opinion that big snakes "don't move", then leave your enclosure open overnight...

Chris
    "That cute little lizard in the pet shop will, in a few short years, become an enormous, ferocious carnivore; capable of breaking the family cat's neck in a single snap and swallowing it whole." - Daniel Bennett

passion.herp
    passionherp.com
    info@passionherp.com
    facebook.com/passion.herp

Thanks

Hi I just want to comment on the neos. I ordered one about 8 months ago from the new company. I dont have a giant snake. I have a boa and a ball. But I just want to say, That it was shipped the same day it was ordered and I had it in 4 days. I was shocked at how fast I got it. I dont know if they make a size for what you need but I have a 3 ft cage for my ball and I am going to order a 4ft cage for my boa.. I am very happy with the quality. I love the sliding glass door

Registered User Dead Out Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

The breeder (I won't mention names) who told you that is an idiot. No way does a 4 foot tub house an adult male burm. My male is 5 and 13 - 14 feet long. How would I cram him in there?

And I have been using melamine for almost 20 years. Always made my own cages (even for bps). It might need replacing every 8 - 10 years, but for the price, it's still more cost effective than buying something premade. Besides, I have NOT found a commercially made enclosure that will house adequately (IMO) any snake larger than 10 feet.

Chris
    Thats because most idiot breeders purposely stunt the growth of Male Burms as soon as they start producing sperm plugs just to save space for there overweight Females for the future

Daniel

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dead Out Reptiles For This Useful Post:

mumps (11-16-2010)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast