Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,186

0 members and 3,186 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Big Snake Enclosures

Well I was gonna add pics of my enclosure in the process of being built. I know you can go to my gallery and look at them there. The enclosure is 12'x5'x5' it holds a 17 3/4' female tiger retic, and a 16' Purple Albino male retic. the enclosure weighs 2500 lbs was built in my driveway then cut in half to be moved into my garage. It in laid with 4 coats of fiberglass resin which was painted black. I also added a top that is 400 lbs and has to doors on it that allow me access. there is a hide built into it that is 3'x5' and has a sliding door built into it for times when I clean the habitat. I also have installed a 50 gallon kiddie pool. I use a 1500 gallon pond pump to drain and refill the pool. The habitat is insulated. I just wish I could get pics up

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jadonh For This Useful Post:

mumps (11-09-2010)

Registered User LOSTCOAST_BALLZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jadonh View Post
    Well I was gonna add pics of my enclosure in the process of being built. I know you can go to my gallery and look at them there. The enclosure is 12'x5'x5' it holds a 17 3/4' female tiger retic, and a 16' Purple Albino male retic. the enclosure weighs 2500 lbs was built in my driveway then cut in half to be moved into my garage. It in laid with 4 coats of fiberglass resin which was painted black. I also added a top that is 400 lbs and has to doors on it that allow me access. there is a hide built into it that is 3'x5' and has a sliding door built into it for times when I clean the habitat. I also have installed a 50 gallon kiddie pool. I use a 1500 gallon pond pump to drain and refill the pool. The habitat is insulated. I just wish I could get pics up

YOUR A BEAST.. now thats a responsible big snake owner. if your gunna do it. do it right. i wish you can get pics up. thanks for shareing that sounds like an amazing project. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I GO ON FORUMS TO TALK TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE A PASSION SUCH AS MINE AND THIS MY FRIEND IS PASSION. CONGRATS TO YOUR VERY LUCKY SNAKES.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LOSTCOAST_BALLZ For This Useful Post:

Jadonh (10-25-2010)

Thanks
    The only thing I don't like is housing the 2 together, I prefer to give each its own but won't be able to till I move to Arizona Then I am building a green house for them I will then reconstruct the enclosure I have know to house a few Red-tail boas with a tropical habitat fully enclosed so they can live like they would in the wild, then i will also add live plants and such so that minus feeding it will be a self sustaining enclosure.

Thanks
    With an enclosure that size why wouldn't you just customize a room? It seems like that would be much easier.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tomfromtheshade View Post
    With an enclosure that size why wouldn't you just customize a room? It seems like that would be much easier.
    I'm Not rich so the rooms in my house are used for my family and I. I will be moving to Arizona in a few years and then I will have the ability and space and money to build what I want. I do not work b/c of a disability I aquired while I was in the Army while being stationed in Iraq. Back in 2003 I do what I can with what I can

Thanks
    To the OP....I know the melamine seems like the best option but it is going to take a beating from the heat and humidity. Its not so much the snakes putting the wear on it but the elements. The AP cages are nice. I have a Boamaster plastic cage for my retic and will get one for my boa. I picked this cage up locally for 100 and I love it. No way could I build something as effective and easy to maintain for that. Good luck with what ever route you take. Just wanted to give my opinion.
    Check us out on Facebook at LockDown Exotics
    https://www.facebook.com/lockdownpets

Banned
    Thanks
    I forgot about this thread until is was just bumped. Just had a long talk with Sam Bearden (he was a nice and informative guy, my next burm is coming from him) and he informed me about what a normal sized burm will need in it's lifetime. Told me that Iris makes a 4 footlong tub used normally for storage that will house a Male Burm perfectly. Now if I get a female then I will need to invest something bigger but for now I am going to go that route! (I can still using Flexwatt and no RHP needed)

Thanks
    The christmas tree storage container tubs they sell at the holidays are great for snakes. There huge

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    The christmas tree storage container tubs they sell at the holidays are great for snakes. There huge
    where are you finding these? iv looked everywhere and cannot find em iv even checked the walmart site and still nothing! i want to pick up two or three and put my retic in one for a few months till i can get his adult ap ordered

Thanks

They'll be at Walmarts closer to Christmas, just be patient.

The AP racks for them are BULLETPROOF

Quote Originally Posted by Muddyredneck View Post
    where are you finding these? iv looked everywhere and cannot find em iv even checked the walmart site and still nothing! i want to pick up two or three and put my retic in one for a few months till i can get his adult ap ordered

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast