Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,212

1 members and 3,211 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    I use to try to use those cages but to me its not worth it in the long run. They start to wreak cause big snakes pee ALOT! And the wood is harder to clean. Visions and ap cages are super eas to clean out. Well the lips on visions can be a bit annoying at times trying to clean properly. And like I said I hate heavy cages lol but I move my cages alot I get sick of them being certain ways I wish I didnt lol but I do that with everything I get sick of the way my living room looks after a few months so I rearrange everything lol

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Big Snake Enclosures

Quote Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    I use to try to use those cages but to me its not worth it in the long run. They start to wreak cause big snakes pee ALOT! And the wood is harder to clean. Visions and ap cages are super eas to clean out. Well the lips on visions can be a bit annoying at times trying to clean properly. And like I said I hate heavy cages lol but I move my cages alot I get sick of them being certain ways I wish I didnt lol but I do that with everything I get sick of the way my living room looks after a few months so I rearrange everything lol
    haha yea I am trying to tile the bottom and put the substrate on top of that. I might switch over but for now I am going to try a custom built cage.

Thanks
    putting tile down will help alot.

Thanks
    just go with PVC. you can work with it just like wood and it is already water proof.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas339 View Post
    just go with PVC. you can work with it just like wood and it is already water proof.
    Yea but u get 4x's more material for the same price......might as well buy one pre made if I was going to drop that much money.

Thanks
    If you are going to spend the money you won't find a better cage than Sentec. They are the BEST available, hands down. When you consider that the cage will last forever its a pretty good investment.

Thanks
    by the time you buy all the melamine and all the tile to cover it, you will be close to the cost of the sheets of PVC. not to mention you won't have to replace the cage in a few years. if you think long run, the extra cost will be worth it.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas339 View Post
    by the time you buy all the melamine and all the tile to cover it, you will be close to the cost of the sheets of PVC. not to mention you won't have to replace the cage in a few years. if you think long run, the extra cost will be worth it.
    Not even close to the same. Hell build 3 cages for the price of just a PVC cae. IDK where your looking at PVC sheet prices but everywhere that I have it's not even worth building your own.

And for those to say the melamine won't last...........how so. I have worth with this kind of wood before (not with snakes) and it has no problems holding up. I mean hell so many things ppl dont even think of are melamine. Like pretty much everything at a high school, some counter tops. If 1000's of kids can no wear the laminate down over 5+ years I just can't see a snake doing it EVER

Registered User LOSTCOAST_BALLZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    IF i can put my 2 sense in. i have had a burm and all that and they do pee a ton and have som odor. that wood cage pic was AMAZING i really like the reccessed pool. but if like you say have a young snake look for a used plastic cage. unless u have ample space and time and resources like the person who made that high grade wood cage in this thread go with a premade plastic cage. 1 water proof, 2 glass alone will cost you out the ying yang, 3 its almost bullet proof. melamine from experience starts to wear and decay i made TONS of BD cages when i used to breed them. but im only one man with strong opinnions lol. but I am an owner of vision cages currently and they are cool but there are a ton of options and faunaclassifieds has tons of people who are just looking to give the cages away for half the retail prices seriously

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMike View Post
    Not even close to the same. Hell build 3 cages for the price of just a PVC cae. IDK where your looking at PVC sheet prices but everywhere that I have it's not even worth building your own.

And for those to say the melamine won't last...........how so. I have worth with this kind of wood before (not with snakes) and it has no problems holding up. I mean hell so many things ppl dont even think of are melamine. Like pretty much everything at a high school, some counter tops. If 1000's of kids can no wear the laminate down over 5+ years I just can't see a snake doing it EVER
    i get my PVC sheet for 84 bucks locally. PVC cages run upwards of 150 plus....well worth it!!!

melamine is heavy, contains formaldehyde glues, and in time, will warp due to excess humidity. counter tops ect. aren't keep in humid conditions. if you want to use it, use it. i could care less.

why do you think top breeders don't use melamine???
    Last edited by Lucas339; 10-25-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast