Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,254

0 members and 3,254 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Registered User Cody John Steele's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Thin/Weak Corn Snake

Alright, keep us posted!
    Everyday I wake up and check "The Forbes List"...If I'm not on there, I go to work.

Thanks
    At this point, you're doing all you can. If they won't let you feed it live, its possible it will never eat on its own if its going to be a live feeder. IMO the onus is on them to care for it. If they're not willing to, then its there loss.

At this point, I think it would be highly irresponsible for them to even sell the snake. They should just give it to you. If it isn't feeding f/t on its own by now, it might never, or at least without going through live.

You need to talk to your manager or whoever is in charge about this. Are they going to just force feed it forever? How do they expect to sell a snake that can only be force fed? Let alone selling such a sickly snake.

Call me cruel, but some just aren't meant to make it. At some point, that is something you're going to have to weigh IMO.

Thanks

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been offering the pinkies to him both by tong and by leaving him in a cup with it. For the past two feedings, he's refused and so I force-fed him.

But today! Today he ate on his own. I left him in the cup with the frozen/thawed pinkie and 30 minutes later I checked on him. There was no pinkie, he had a fat belly, and was looking mighty pleased with himself. I have to say, I am sooooo happy for this little guy. To go from weighing only 4g and wasting away to now 7g empty and having eaten on his own! I'm so proud of him!
    Under Construction.....

Registered User Cody John Steele's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Bunny View Post
    Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But today! Today he ate on his own. I left him in the cup with the frozen/thawed pinkie and 30 minutes later I checked on him. There was no pinkie, he had a fat belly, and was looking mighty pleased with himself. I have to say, I am sooooo happy for this little guy. To go from weighing only 4g and wasting away to now 7g empty and having eaten on his own! I'm so proud of him!
    Awesome! That's great....hopefully it will continue. Was that with the scented anole pink?
    Everyday I wake up and check "The Forbes List"...If I'm not on there, I go to work.

Thanks
    Awesome! Lets hope he'll continue to feed for you and really start to pick up!

Thanks
    I weighed him empty yesterday and he was 8g! Double his lowest weight! He ate another pinkie today. I'm going to make sure he eats a few more meals before he goes back out on the floor and I will definitely let customers know about his feeding history. I'm just so happy for this little guy! He makes my job worth it! Its things like this that make me glad I got this job.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks
    Congrats on a job well done.

Thanks
    thats really good i think you should keep him

Thanks
    Awwww, I just saw this for the first time and read the whole thing through. What a great job you did!! Most people would have totally given up on this lil dude and he wouldn't have had a chance. I hope whoever buys him takes really good care of him since he seems to be finicky at times with his eating. Hopefully since he's gotten bigger, he will keep taking food. I really wish you could take him home.. I bet you're crazy attached to him. Be proud for helping him out instead of letting him waste away. Could we get another picture of the lil guy?
    -Nicki-

1.0 Bearded Dragon (Sugar)
    0.1 Iguana (Spice)
    1.1 Dauschands (Duke and Daisy)
    1.0 Bassett Hound (Bo)
    1.0 Lab-Mix (Ali)

"Distance isn't for the fearful, it's for the bold, for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love, for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."

Thanks
    This was such a heart-warming thread! If you aren't already, make sure you are making slices in the whole pinks before you feed them. Makes it easier to digest and absorb more nutrients.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast