Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,398

2 members and 3,396 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Yes that is good congratulations good to see someone at a pet store is actually caring for the reptiles

Thanks

Re: Thin/Weak Corn Snake

If you don't want to deal with coating the the pinky in blood and guts, i heard a little bit of tuna juice works wonders.

Thanks
    When they are this small and weak, a 1 gm gain is good! You are doing great with this little guy and I suspect he is going to make it with all your help! Keep the updates coming, OK?
    Blessed be, Betsy
    1.1 BP, 11.13.4 cornsnakes, 1.1 cali kings, 1.0 Hogg BCI. many.many SSS's in transit, 1.2 cats, RIP Vickie cat

Thanks
    1 gram is a 25% weight gain! That's awesome man!
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Thanks
    Well he has half a pinkie in his belly right now, so as soon as he poops again, I'm going to feed him another half a pinkie. I'll continue this until I can get some more weight on him. I'll update as he progresses. I might include a picture or two to show you just how tiny he is.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks
    try feeding him tails if you cant feed him a whole pink.....cut the tail off a rat pup....just cut up at the point where the thickness of the tail is a good size for him....you can feed him a rat pup tail every two days.....just thought that might be eaiser for you then chopping up a pink....thats what i feed my non feeders...i just push the tail to the back of the mouth and they start swollowing it all on their own....just dont cut the tail too long or the little thing might not eat it fast enough

Thanks
    Figured I'd give you guys a small update. The little guy now weighs 6g empty. (he had the smallest bit of poop in him, so I don't think it counts. It was like two grains of rice in size) He ate 1/2 a pinkie today. He's looking more lively every time I go in to see him. His head is up and alert. He actually gave me a small S pose today. I attempted offering him a pinkie head to strike at, but it was a no-go.

I'll keep you updated on his progress. I'll try and get a picture tomorrow morning. I think his original weight when he came in was about 6 or 7g, so he's back to where he started, I suppose. Now to get him to gain even more. Usually, how many grams in weight gain does it take a hatchling to start shedding (other than the first shed out of the egg)? I'm just wondering around about when I can expect him to shed. Two more grams to go and he'll have doubled his weight.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks
    Way to go on taking this guy! The store should really give him to you for free for all the help you gave it. It probably would have died without you anyway. You should snap a pic of the lil guy for us to see!

Has he shed yet?

Thanks
    Not yet. I didn't get a chance to check on him today, but I'm going to be feeding him tomorrow night.

Here he is on the scale. All 6g of him.

And in my hand. And I have pretty small hands.

Ignore the dirty work cart. I hadn't cleaned it yet.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks
    He shed! When I went in last night to check on him, he had shed the first half of his body. I put him in a deli cup with some warm water and let him soak for a few minutes. Then I helped the rest of the shed come off. I fed him as well. I won't be updating this as often as I have been because while I get really excited about it, I'm sure all of you don't care every time he poops or eats. I'll update with any significant weight gain or his next shed.
    Under Construction.....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast