Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,747

0 members and 2,747 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    Thanks

Major temp problems!!!

Okay, I am having major problems with Sezy's (my bp) temperatures. Here's what I have:

On her hot side, the temperature of the UTH is at 98F. I have about 3/4 inch layer of shredded aspen as substrate. The thing is, the temperature on top of the aspen is reading at 75.5F. I can just image what the air temp is...

Her cold side is reading at (on top of the aspen) 68F. Waaaaaay too cold! I tried a lamp, but that doesn't do much.

I don't want to raise her UTH any more, cause I feel that if she burrows a bit, she could burn herself. My humidity is at 60%, which is fine, no problems there. I really don't know what to do!

I got Sezy about 2 weeks ago, she ate after the first week with me, and I tried feeding her this week, no take. So I'm thinking she is stressed with the temperatures. Now, here's my other problem:

I have a corn snake in my room, and her temps are fine. I'm thinking I should move Sezy into my room, where its warmer in here. The room she's in now is actually quite cool, but it's the only room I could put her in to quarantine her. But I feel that it is pretty useless having her there if she's freezing. Should I move her into my room, even though it hasn't been a month since getting her? She seems completely healthy; no mites or RI as far as I can see. I don't want my corn snake getting sick from her, but Sezy seems fine. Should I move her here to raise her temps?

Thanks so much in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    put her in your br closet
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks
    Move her to the closet, shes GOING to get a RI if she stays in temps that are that low. I wouldn't worry about the quarantine issue right now, apparently your house is pretty cold so move her to a place temps are easier to keep consistent. Also paper towels or newspaper would be a good thing to get the hot spot warmer and more in the ideal range.

So the consensus is move her to the closet!
    6.5.15 Animals
    1.2 Pomeranian's
    0.1.15 Tropical Fish
    2.2 Snakes:
    0.1 2009 100% Het Piebald
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Green Tree Python
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Thanks

Re: Major temp problems!!!

I would treat the enclosure for mites as directed on the can. when it's dry put her and her treated enclosure in your bedroom. mites, even if you don't see any could be in the early stage. best to play it safe. plus they are one of the best ways for one snake to get something from another snake.

Thanks
    I haven't got any PAM right now. How long will it take to ship to Canada?

Also, sorry, but what's "br"? Bedroom Closet?

Thanks for all your help guys!

Thanks
    Yes she meant Bedroom by "br". I would order some PAM from Pro products and just wait the time to get it to your door, then treat the tank whenever it comes in. It works wonders, i've had my can for about a year and have only used it when absolutely necessary. It tends to be pretty expensive but goes a long way and can help you save some headaches from a mite problem if there even is one.

I always tell people to buy a can just in case, if you think your going to buy more snakes in the future, have a can just in case!
    6.5.15 Animals
    1.2 Pomeranian's
    0.1.15 Tropical Fish
    2.2 Snakes:
    0.1 2009 100% Het Piebald
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Green Tree Python
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steveboos For This Useful Post:

Tirevy (10-16-2010)