Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,339

3 members and 3,336 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered User ConstrictionAddction's Avatar
    Thanks

Special K Reptiles Tim Koppenhofer Bad Guy

I thought I would never have to make this post but enough is enough....

June 22nd 2009 -Purchased a animal from Tim of Special K Reptiles labeled "07 Het Yellow Ghost Female for $275

September 21st 2009 - The animal went off food so I threw a male in and they started combating. Pulled the animal out sexed it it was a male.

October 3rd 2009- contacted Tim at the local Repticon Charlotte show. His answer was it has been too long I should have sexed the animal when I got it. Ok sure I should have. He agreed to give me $275 credit. I wasn't happy about it but I was willing to work with the guy. I took the het ghost male to his table his response was "I dont want that". Then tried to work out a deal at the end of the show to end this deal. Offered to work it out on a mojave female priced at $325. He offered to do it if I would pay the $50 difference. I delined and decided we could settle it another time.

December 20th - I emailed Tim on a piar of acrylic displays advertised on kingsnake which simply asked if they were in good condition. He replied almost instantly and said yes they were. I let him know who I was and that I would like to settle our deal and pay the difference. The were listed at $550. I asked him to bring them to the Charlotte Repticon show Jan 7 2010. Never heard back from him.

January 7 2010- Asked Tim about the e-mails at the Repticon show ,Claims he never got them. No big deal.

Tinley Park 10-10-2010
    Asked Tim if we could settle our deal it's been going on too long. Inquired about a Enchi male on the table for $275. He reply's to me he never offered me $275 credit that he was willing to give me $125 credit because I could have sold the het ghost male for $150 at the time. The het ghost male I never intended to purchase. The het ghost male that was worth $150 at the time that he simply said "I dont want that" when it was returned to him. I told him I sold the animal for $30 I was was willing to knock $30 of the $275 credit. He said "no way". We had some choice words and I was on my way.

I have listed all the facts no sugar coating on this one. Should I have sexed the animal? sure, but I thought I was buying a well represented animal. I can only say I have discussed this issue with 25 -30 different extensive breeders it all comes down to he sold a animal that wasn't what it was supposed to be it should be a full refund.

All in all. This guy will sell you an animal. May be healthy , May be a great price BUT if there is a problem don't expect him to take care of it.

This issue apparently will never be resolved so I am out of my money and a snake.

Daniel Allison
    Constriction Addiction

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    Sorry Daniel that really sucks
    Last edited by llovelace; 10-12-2010 at 09:32 PM.
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks
    Yea sorry to hear that. I don't know of anyone that has done business with him but it sucks to have bad blood with someone in the hobby

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Jon
    0.1 Hog Cross Boa
    1.0 Hypo 100% het sharp Albino
    1.0 Albino B.P.
    1.0 Super Pastel
    1.0 Pastel B.P.
    1.1 Pied B.P.
    0.1 Pinstripe B.P.
    0.1 poss het pied B.P.
    0.1 bumblebee B.P.
    0.1 Caramel Albino B.P.
    0.1 Pinstripe Het Albino B.P.
    0.3 Normal B.P

Thanks

Re: Special K Reptiles Tim Koppenhofer Bad Guy

Quote Originally Posted by ConstrictionAddction View Post
    October 3rd 2009- contacted Tim at the local Repticon Charlotte show. His answer was it has been too long I should have sexed the animal when I got it. Ok sure I should have. He agreed to give me $275 credit. I wasn't happy about it but I was willing to work with the guy. I took the het ghost male to his table his response was "I dont want that". Then tried to work out a deal at the end of the show to end this deal. Offered to work it out on a mojave female priced at $325. He offered to do it if I would pay the $50 difference. I delined and decided we could settle it another time.
    I am in no way sticking up for whomever sold you the mis-sexed snake, I don't know them, nor have I ever even heard of them, but I mean it seems like he gave you an opportunity to settle your differences

Thanks
    Daniel WTF!!!!!! Out of all the people to screw you over, i never expected it to be Tim!!!

I have done business with Tim and Susan and was more than pleased with the whole transaction. Now i know that he deals in A LOT of snakes, some aren't even in his possession before he sells them. I can't believe that he would act this way to you, it doesn't seem right.

You never sugar coat anything and are upfront and honest about everything in your business(s), so i know that this is all truthful. I just wouldn't ever think Tim would do this to anyone considering the thousands of people who have bought from him and had a great transaction.

BTW i might need some snakes soon here, I'll keep in touch.
    6.5.15 Animals
    1.2 Pomeranian's
    0.1.15 Tropical Fish
    2.2 Snakes:
    0.1 2009 100% Het Piebald
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Green Tree Python
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steveboos View Post
    Now i know that he deals in A LOT of snakes, some aren't even in his possession before he sells them.
    This is not a good practice in my book.. I would not buy from him based on this statement alone.

My
    1.1 CRT Boa -Anery 100% Het Snow . , Salmon 66% P. Het Snow
    3.5 Normal BP Some are P. Het for Axanthic, and Snow
    1.1 Mojave BP
    1.0 Spider BP
    0.1 Pastel BP
    2.0 Fire BP
    1.0 Ghost
    0.1 Possible Axanthic

Thanks

Daniel,

I was standing at the Special K booth at Tinley buying my first snake when you approached Mr. Koppenhoffer. Tim was very professional in the way he spoke to you and if anyones business practices should be in question it should be yours.
    I watched in amazement when you spoke with him let me refresh your memory.

The conversation escalated very quickly here is the way you talked to him talk about being professional. Again I will say Do not do business with Daniel Allison
    of Constriction Addiction.

Daniel: " :cens0r: You :cens0r: :cens0r:"

Tim: "Thank You"

Daniel: " I would :cens0r: you up if you weren't so :cens0r: old."

Am I wrong or who was the unprofessional party in this.

Steven Kingston
    Last edited by dr del; 10-14-2010 at 06:31 AM. Reason: removing censor bypass

BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks
    Now I know neither Tim nor Daniel, and Im not saying that Tim's story is true or not. But I am stating that the last person to post "Steven Kingston" doesnt even seem to be real. They just joined and only have one post. So the credibility of their post may be BS.
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07

Thanks
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 1,400 Posts
    I agree with that_dc5. I don't know either Daniel or Tim but I find it odd that Steven bought his first snake at the same time the two gentlemen had their conversation about their previous transaction and Steven just happens to join bp.net and his first post is bad mouthing Daniel. I also call BS on "Steven".

Thanks
    Yeah i don't know who this Steven Kingston guy is, but i do know that Daniel did say these things to Tim at Tinley because Daniel Himself said he did on Fauna. Now if i got screwed over on a snake, i would want to say stuff like that too, especially when snakes are your lively hood.

That being said, i've purchased from both parties involved and i have to say they are both very nice guys and stand by their animals. Tim deals with a ton of snakes, so mistakes are bound to happen, it just was up to him to make it right. So now Tim has hurt his own reputation by screwing over another breeder.

Now when i bought my first snakes from Daniel almost a year ago, he actually guaranteed me that if my Het. Pieds don't produce a Het in future breedings, he will either set me up with a visual Pied or other snakes of equal value. I have seen the parents and i trust Daniel, so i don't need to worry about anything like that.

In the end it comes down to being able to bite the bullet and take the hit when you make a mistake, fess us and make it right, no matter how much time has past. Let's all be honest a female adult proven Het is worth a whole lot more than a proven male Het adult, unless it's the first of it's kind. This is the biggest thing about the whole transaction and what i don't get about Tim. He should have done the right thing and settled this a while ago, but i guess that was never going to happen...
    6.5.15 Animals
    1.2 Pomeranian's
    0.1.15 Tropical Fish
    2.2 Snakes:
    0.1 2009 100% Het Piebald
    0.1 Normal
    1.0 Green Tree Python
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast