Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,250

1 members and 1,249 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,559
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
    Thanks

i have a ? for you guys?

okay i just found out the guy that had the lemon pastel with the kink in it has a brother of it that is 100% fine the only prob is that he wont eat.he was born in late aug. but the guy has agreed to drop the price down to 35 cus the snake wont eat. he says it ways around 40g..so what i want to kno is what do you guys think.. how hard do you think it would be to get him to eat?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: i have a ? for you guys?

If you are experienced it wont be too hard...of course if you were experienced you wouldn't be asking this question...lol It is probably going to take some assist feeding...stressful...and possibly force feeding...VERY STRESSFUL!!! If the guy is going to put the animal down, take it. I always atleast like to see the animals given a chance. You can get through it with some help. If he is experienced in problems feeders and is willing to work with him...let him. Good luck to the animal either way.

Thanks
    Well, that depends...if the clutch has problems with kinking, even if the other one doesn't have kinking, he may have internal health issues.

Or, the guy had fluctuating temps during incubation which caused some kinks and weird things to happen and all the baby needs is the right set up and to feel secure.

Thanks
    well the guy said he tryed every thing. witch makes me ? if i want to try. and it was just one snake out of the hole clutch that had prob and it was just miner. but the thing that gets me is its a beautiful snake and for 35 i cant pass it so idk i might give getting him to eat a try.

Thanks
    9 times out of 10 it's husbandry. I would do it, I don't know about breeding it, but I would see if you can get the guy to eat.

Thanks
    yeah i think i will cus the guy says he is in a small tub so i think if i put it in a tank with the right heat humity and a good hide it will be okay

Thanks
    No, tubs are better than tanks..

Thanks
    I would take the $35 risk! It depends where the kink is! It may cause internal problems that may not allow the snake to eat! If the kink is very minor or near the tail then he should be okay!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: i have a ? for you guys?

Hi,

I'm kinda torn on this one.

If you have the experience to get the lil guy eating then it would be better for the snake if you took him.

If you're buying the male as future breeding stock, or are a little unsure you need someone elses problem right now, I would save up a little more cash and buy the best looking well started pastel you can get from a good breeder.

Knowing that the clutch had kinking problems would make me wary and the snake would have to be a right stunner to make me tempted.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.