Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,563

0 members and 1,563 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,109
Threads: 248,549
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GhostyBoy29
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Battle of the Giant

For those who own both retics and burms, what do you think the strength ratio of a burm to a retic is. Obviously, there are many factors playing in to this.
    For example would a 10 foot burm be as strong as a 15 foot retic?
    Thoughts?
    I'll push American, before I'll drive foreign.

Don't argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Thanks
    UMMM.... No. I have a few of each and yes they are strong but I have a female retic 17 foot, and a male retic 15 foot, and then also a 12 foot burm, and time and time again when i put them in with her to clean cages or breeding, she tosses them around like they are dolls, I do not believe that a 10 foot burm is as strong as a 15 retic, I also believe that a 10 foot retic is not as strong as a 15 burm, but I also think its based not only on size but agression level feeding regiment, and just even basic care.

Thanks
    my retic and burms are nothing compared to my green anaconda. Shes going to be a handful when shes an adult. Shes only 7 feet and can throw me around

Thanks
    I was just wondering if burms were considerably stronger, since they seem to pack a lot more weight at the same lengths than tics do.

Don't argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Thanks

Re: Battle of the Giant

strength as in constricting strength?

I once read in a forum (repticzone.com? bobclark forums? forgot...) that pound for pound, retics supposedly are the "strongest".

1.0 Dwarf Philippine Island Retic (Crixus)
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (Achilles)
    1.0 miniature werewolf...lol...he's a cross bet. a Daschund and a Shih Tzu (Koda)

Once you go Retic, you get the best pick!

Thanks

Id say retics are MUCH stronger than burms...

Thanks
    Sorry for not clarifying, yes I was speaking of constriction.

Thanks
    First off hands down to retics. as said I have a few of both and my female will toss you around like she is queen of everything, If she wants to do it she will and it takes alot to get her to see it otherwise. But I do believe that Anacondas are the strongest noy in constricting but as for throwing us around. Used to have one and she used to treat me like I was a baby doll. However my first Burm was also a female and when she got to be about 17-18 foot i fed her, her first Pig and it was alive, Give me a break i was 15, anyways, When I gave it to her she struck and constricted so hard the head popped off. Needless to say it was in my mothers bathroom and she saw the mess and me screaming and laughing loudly, she made me get rid of her. So I think it might be a toss up, every animal is different and acts differently, and one will always be stronger than the other.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadonh View Post
    First off hands down to retics. as said I have a few of both and my female will toss you around like she is queen of everything, If she wants to do it she will and it takes alot to get her to see it otherwise. But I do believe that Anacondas are the strongest noy in constricting but as for throwing us around. Used to have one and she used to treat me like I was a baby doll. However my first Burm was also a female and when she got to be about 17-18 foot i fed her, her first Pig and it was alive, Give me a break i was 15, anyways, When I gave it to her she struck and constricted so hard the head popped off. Needless to say it was in my mothers bathroom and she saw the mess and me screaming and laughing loudly, she made me get rid of her. So I think it might be a toss up, every animal is different and acts differently, and one will always be stronger than the other.
    I don't know what is more ridiculous, the head popping off or the fact you could have a burm that size at fifteen(extremely jealous, not judgemental).

Thanks

Damn! 18-foot pythons.. decapitated pigs.....bloody bathrooms.....screaming Moms....

I love this place!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eracer For This Useful Post:

Charlie And Lucy (10-07-2010),pcocabo (10-05-2010)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast