Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,200

0 members and 3,200 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Help needed.... food change / cold weather causing issues ?

Over the past 2-3 weeks I am running into a rash of babies being eaten. Most are 2-3 weeks old but I have had them eaten as early as 2 days old. Everything was running fine for about 4-5 months prior but suddenly I'm loosing babies at an alarming rate. Two things have changed to my knowledge: The temps have dropped quite a bit here in Western NY and second I changed back to Doggy Bag dog food (about 2 weeks ago). I used this food for quite some time prior to using Mazuri 6F and had no issues with it. The Mazuri was getting a little expensive and I have to travel better than an hour to get it. I am guessing it is the change in food but I did not have any issues when I used to use it and I see several others on this site have used this brand with good results. Currently the rodents are in the garage with no heat ... might that contribute to the problem? I should be ready to install heat within the next week or so.

Thanks for any advice..

Thanks

Re: Help needed.... food change / cold weather causing issues ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabresfan88 View Post
    Over the past 2-3 weeks I am running into a rash of babies being eaten. Most are 2-3 weeks old but I have had them eaten as early as 2 days old. Everything was running fine for about 4-5 months prior but suddenly I'm loosing babies at an alarming rate. Two things have changed to my knowledge: The temps have dropped quite a bit here in Western NY and second I changed back to Doggy Bag dog food (about 2 weeks ago). I used this food for quite some time prior to using Mazuri 6F and had no issues with it. The Mazuri was getting a little expensive and I have to travel better than an hour to get it. I am guessing it is the change in food but I did not have any issues when I used to use it and I see several others on this site have used this brand with good results. Currently the rodents are in the garage with no heat ... might that contribute to the problem? I should be ready to install heat within the next week or so.

Thanks for any advice..
    Forgot to mention that I also breed rats in the same garage with the same food and I am not experiencing any issues with them.