Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,212

1 members and 3,211 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem!!

Thanks

Unhappy Problem!!

This is a long story but it's getting late so I will try to make it quick, I am really stressed out. A while back I came across an ad for a male pin het albino and two female albino's for a good price, so I emailed the guy and made a deposit. Within a week of the deposit they were paid for. The guy took forever to ship them, apparently he wasn't certified to ship as he implied, but his friend was and he was going to use his account. However, he couldn't get in contact with said friend for some reason. We asked for our money back because at this point we were feeling uneasy about the guy and the deal we had made. He told me straight up that he had spent our money and could not send it back, however he would give us a 30 day guarantee on the snakes.. which what good does that do if he can't give us money back?? Two weeks later when threatened with a paypal dispute he decided he could ship. They arrived today. All three had horrible stuck sheds, the pin has frayed belly scales, the smaller albino female has an obvious respiratory infection at least, complete with oozing bubbles and popping/wheezing sounds.. and the larger albino had diarrhea.. which I have never seen before and have no idea what that means. We pulled her out and her vent opened and very loose awful smelling something came falling out. I have had lots of snakes for quite a while and yes I have been pooped on and such but have never seen anything like this come out of my snakes. I have pictures and will post them when I get them on my computer. I don't know what to do. Obviously I should have tried harder to get my money back instead of taking the snakes but I trusted that he was trying and that we were both getting a good deal. I emailed him, we will see what he has to say. Any suggestions?
    1. Orange Dream, probable YellowBelly
    1. Pinstripe Het Albino
    1. Double Het Albino/Pied
    1. Albino 50% Het pied
    .1 Albino
    .2 Het Albino
    .2 Het Pied
    .1 Lesser
    1.1 Mojave

and one mystery fetus, due in July

Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Problem!!

Here is a diarrhea or whatever it is picture.

And the purchase I made before this one was a nice male bee, who also showed up thin and with an awful respiratory infection. I will not be purchasing from anyone I don't know anymore unless they are a large well known good breeder, or someone with great references from people I know. Probably should have been a good rule to have to begin with! I am too trusting! It's also sad because I am a small not well known breeder with quality animals that I care for correctly! I'm really bummed.
    1. Pinstripe Het Albino
    1. Albino 50% Het pied
    .1 Albino
    .2 Het Albino
    .2 Het Pied
    .1 Lesser
    1.1 Mojave

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    First things first, QT & take to vet ASAP, sorry you had such a bad experience , but I'm sure in your care they will be fit in no time
    Last edited by llovelace; 09-23-2010 at 02:16 AM.
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Re: Problem!!

Ok first off sorry you got sick snakes.Now what has this clown that sold them to you say when told about these issues? If you did not tell him you need to and demand he do a refund.If he acts ignorant about it then reveal his name here so we all can avoid him.Then take this info to www.faunaclassifieds.com. and give the same info there.Who knows someone just might live close to him and might help you convince him to give you your money back .
    Joe Haggard

5. The Following User Says Thank You to joepythons For This Useful Post:

dr del (09-23-2010)

Thanks
    Yeah, I'd take this to the BOI on faunaclassifieds.

If anything, look up his name/email/whatever on that site to see if anyone else has had problems with that seller.

Really sucks that they showed up in such bad shape. Sellers like that are sure going to make it hard for us new guys in the hobby to sell our herps.
    -J.B.
    http://www.iherp.com/jfreels
    Technology & Reptile mashup blog
    YouTube Channel
    "STOP ANTHROPOMORPHIZING YOUR ANIMALS." - WesleyTF

Ball Python Aficionado Adam Chandler's Avatar
    Thanks
    I am really sorry you ended up with these sick snakes. As was said before quartine these 3 to make sure you don't spread anything to your other snakes.

I would also definitly post up this guys name and email all over BP.net's feedback forum and the BOI on faunaclassifieds to make sure this guy can't do this to anyone else.

This happened to me once with 1 snake. Now I just buy from 2 local breeders who I trust.
    "We are artists using locus and alleles as our paint; the ball python as our canvas" - Colin Weaver

Check out my Photoblog!

Thanks
    Thanks everyone, I assure you they are in quarantine and vet appointments are being made. However, this is the email I got this morning.

----------
    Candace i can assure you none of these snakes has respitory. they are all healthy. the larger on may have runny stool because of very little food in its system with alot of water. she drinks plenty of water but has been off food for weeks. the heat in shipping can cause this. i already noted to her they all 3 were in shed and i was running short on time getting them shipped so i couldnt get it all off before shipping. you have 30 days and no need to over react. i have proper caging and living for all my stuff. my heating is always on target so like i said there is no chance of respitory. get back with me in a week and let me know how they are. i am no rookie at what i am doing here. i am very striaght up and honest and i will hope on your end that i get happy customers. they are great snakes. like i told her give them a few days and then offer them food. now on the other hand here with there being 30 days in my guarentee take my word for now that they are fine. let me know what you think in a week. i will tell what they need during these 30 days. hey, i dont mind giving you the money back if there is any real issue here. i can assure things will look better, much better. its on you to run to the vet at this point. but i know its not in need right now. it will be a big waste of time and money. it wont be my money being spent on a vet visit right now. lets give them a week or two and then tell me something. i can make you a video of my collection so you can see what kind of stuff i have and they are all healthy. they all feed on live rats. no need to panic at this point. does that sound fair?
    -------------------

His name is Jason Lucas, his email is izzysweetz@yahoo.com and his fauna username is JLucas. I'm afraid if I make a negative post on the BOI he will definitely not try to help me..
    1. Pinstripe Het Albino
    1. Albino 50% Het pied
    .1 Albino
    .2 Het Albino
    .2 Het Pied
    .1 Lesser
    1.1 Mojave

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

He's not going to try to help you. He's a lying sack of crap.

Write off the loss, learn the lesson and move on.

For sure though, go to the BOI and post up a bad guy thread.

He's a crook and you're a victim.

You gonna lay down and take it or stand up for yourself?

Of course this response is predicated on the presumption that things are as you say.

Post up some pictures and if it's true, and I'm not saying it isn't, you'll have lots of people trying to help you on fauna.
    Last edited by wilomn; 09-23-2010 at 12:00 PM.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

shelliebear (09-24-2010)

Thanks

Well i found a thread with a lady inquiring about this clown.I did add a link to this thread and if he doesnt like it TUFF COOKIES.He is not going to do anything for you he is just stalling.
    Joe Haggard

12. The Following User Says Thank You to joepythons For This Useful Post:

shelliebear (09-24-2010)

Thanks

Joe Haggard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast