Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,235

2 members and 3,233 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,576
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda

Thread: new lesser

Thanks

new lesser

Hi got my female lesser around 2 weeks ago ....i tried feeding her 2 days after i got her it was a live mouse ..she did not eat it i waited again 5 days and again she did not eat it live.. so i killed the mouse and tried again... she ate it around 45 minutes later .. by the way she is a baby is this normal..so should i keep feeding dead....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    she may take the next one live....or the next....or the next
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks

Re: new lesser

Quote Originally Posted by RichieBoo View Post
    Hi got my female lesser around 2 weeks ago ....i tried feeding her 2 days after i got her it was a live mouse ..she did not eat it i waited again 5 days and again she did not eat it live.. so i killed the mouse and tried again... she ate it around 45 minutes later .. by the way she is a baby is this normal..so should i keep feeding dead....
    Did you get her from a breeder? If so, the breeder should have fed her a few times before they sold her. My thought would be to feed what the breeder had fed her. Their are many reasons why BP's dont feed... New home, high traffic, light at night, shedding... the list goes on and on.

Their are a lot of opinions about feeding live, P/K (pre killed), F/T (frozen thawed). It really comes down to what is good for you and your BP.

Another thought, is that if the breeder fed her rats, and you are feeding her mice, she may not take because its different than what she's used to eating. She also may be used to eating P/K or F/T, and live just didnt agree with her... BP's can be picky eaters sometimes, and is never an exact science.

I'm sure other folks here will be able to help more...

Good Luck!
    1.0 Normal Ball ::Icki::
    0.1 RDR Lesser Platinum ::Nyx::
    1.0 Mojave ::Balthazar::

Thanks

Re: new lesser

Quote Originally Posted by johnsnhu View Post
    Did you get her from a breeder? If so, the breeder should have fed her a few times before they sold her. My thought would be to feed what the breeder had fed her. Their are many reasons why BP's dont feed... New home, high traffic, light at night, shedding... the list goes on and on.

Their are a lot of opinions about feeding live, P/K (pre killed), F/T (frozen thawed). It really comes down to what is good for you and your BP.

Another thought, is that if the breeder fed her rats, and you are feeding her mice, she may not take because its different than what she's used to eating. She also may be used to eating P/K or F/T, and live just didnt agree with her... BP's can be picky eaters sometimes, and is never an exact science.

I'm sure other folks here will be able to help more...

Good Luck!
    thanks for the help..my spider male ate like a champ when he came home.. when i bought the lesser..i forgot to ask what he was feeding her because i feel in love with her so im hoping everything will be fine...thanks for the help...