Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,434

5 members and 3,429 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

My first runny Poo

one of my big girls left me a present last night, A huge and very loose and wet poop. always she and all my snakes for that matter leave a nice "log". I have been feeding her some really fat prego mice lately instead of AFS as I had some handy. could this cause this or could it be the start of a problem? temps are good, 80ish cold 93ish hot. She maintains about 84 -87 deg body temp. She ate last night as usual, she eats on a 6 day rotation, 3 XXL mice the last 4 or 5 feeds.

Thanks

Re: My first runny Poo

3 XXL Mice in one feeding? I think that may be a bit too much. 1 Mouse would probably be sufficient enough in one feeding as long as it is the right size for her. OR switch to rats?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,036 Times in 2,147 Posts

Re: My first runny Poo

lol, what if the snake wont eat rats, then the snake starves.

3 xxl mice are fine if it will eat them, and wet poo's happen, wait till you hear a big girl with a wet poo and the gas to blast it....oh nvm to graphic
    Just watch to see if it continues and if it does a fecal exam might be in order.
    Last edited by snakesRkewl; 09-19-2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Jerry Robertson

Thanks
    thanks, As for the 3 large mice, I dont think its to much. when my AFS are online I plan to get one large into her and at least offer her the second most of the time, (my Xp so far tells me that they will refuse when they are full). dont have a fat snake but I think you would have to Up the freqency of the feeds not just the amount. like you could fee a snake 3 mice every 3 days but you could not feed 6 mice every 6 days, cause on day six they still only have room for 3. It was more of a question about the bone to meat/fat ratios and how this might effect stool, that I was concerned about not really the amount. She is not fat by any means, and breeding seasons coming, I have 1 female that I got not long ago that is quite skinny and she eats a little more yet then this female.
    Last edited by Hilltop; 09-20-2010 at 11:47 AM.