Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,040

1 members and 2,039 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,559
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot

Thread: aggression

Thanks

aggression

are blood pythons aggressive??? just curious. i love the look but want to stay away from the aggressive snakes as much as possible

Thanks
    No more than any other Python species

You get good ones and bad ones along the way, but for the most part, they're pretty placid

Thanks

Re: aggression

Quote Originally Posted by 2kdime View Post
    No more than any other Python species

You get good ones and bad ones along the way, but for the most part, they're pretty placid
    exactly it is a shame they tagged with this aggressive trait that is really not there if properly cared for.

Aggressive feeders ( which is a plus in my opinion ) Aggressive to people, no , not as a general rule raised and cared for properly.

They can appear to be by the untrained eye or to the people less understanding of actual aggression. They may seem to stare at you intently ( a lovable trait in my eyes lol ) and will often loudly huff and hiss and puff when moving or handling them etc but rarely will they show aggression and strike at you.

Generally speaking if you smell like food or are not careful before during and directly after feeding you might get struck ....just like any other snake.
    There is a moose loose aboot this hoose !

Thanks

Re: aggression

I have 1 1/2 yr old female red blood & she is a bit tempermental. She wasn't handled much before I got her, so I have worked with her. What I mean about her mood is that if she doesn't want to be bothered she will certainly let you know by her reactions. She can also be as sweet & gentle as my red tails.

Blood pythons are well worth giving a try. They are gorgeous & they know it!
    4 Macaws, 1Female S.I. Eclectus, 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, 1 White Capped Pionus, 1 Pinapple Green Cheek Conure
    "Still Running Against the Wind"

Thanks
    like others have said it depends on the snake not the species. my bloods my 4 year old son can handle and not get bitten even when there in shed and there right around a year old. i think allot of people who say they got a mean blood there first time getting one is due to them not making them feel safe by providing the right size of hides. or they get there blood on lets say Tuesday and are trying to hold it later that day or Wednesday. instead of giving it a week or 2 to settle in.

now mine when i got them i gave them a lil over a month to settle in before i tried to hold any of them even then the first couple times they acted like they were going to try to bite.(they never did strike though) now i got 2 ball pythons with way more of a tude then any of my bloods. to the point I've been bitten at least every other time I've held them
    i just like to argue and get you riled up dont take it to mean i dont like you or what I'm agueing about. I'm doing it for the joy of argueing dont anybody like good old fashion debates