Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,692

1 members and 2,691 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Is my female looking thin.

I purchased my het albino female ball python at a show. The show was on august 7th. And the snake still hasnt eaten. Im starting to get worried.. Ill show some pictures of her. aswell as elvis my male. Whom is a bit older but not much. ( not to mention elvis is a bit of a fatty.)

This is elvis.

And this is Mary the female.

Thanks

Re: Is my female looking thin.

I don't think shes getting thin; although the pictures are a little dark. I wouldn't be too strained to be surprised shes not eating yet. Make sure that her enclosure has the right settings. Also, have you been handling her a lot? Hatchlings in particular do not like to be bothered much.

Make sure her hide/hides are appropriate for her. Are you feeding inside or outside her enclosure? Things like this are questions that will effect her feeding habits.
    1.0 Pewter BP, 0.1 Pastel BP, 0.4 Regular BP, 1.0 Ghost BP, 1.1 Yellow Belly BP, 1.0 Vanilla BP, 0.1 Lemon Bumble Bee BP , 1.0 Pinestripe BP, 0.1 het ghost BP, 1.0 het albino BP, 0.1 Lesser Platinum, 0.1 Angolian BP cross, 0.1 Albino BP, 0.1 Spider BP

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    She doesn't look distressingly triangular yet, the way my het pied did this spring after his 5 month fast. But she does look like she hasn't eaten in a while.

She looks very young, based on her size relative to the video game controller. At that age, I would very much want to get a meal in her in the next few weeks, because she hasn't got much back-up storage of fat yet.

Thanks
    yeah. Im switching her to a small tub.. and i wont handle her for 3 or 4 days, and ill try feeding her again. Id hate to see her die.. And yeah she.. doesnt like being handled. I was trying to tame her down. shoulda left her alone. well Ill keep you guys posted on marys status ;-;