Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,113

0 members and 3,113 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

snake not peeing

one of my snakes has not gone to the bathroom in about a 6 weeks(pop or pee) he has had 3 meals in that time frame..he is in a rack with 3 other snakes that are all fine. 90-91 under his hide checked with a temp gun..any clues what could be going on...
    1.0 Albino
    0.1 Spied
    0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Het Albino
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.0 Spider
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Blue eyed lucy
    1.0 pied

Thanks

Re: snake not peeing

No real clue as to what might be going on. Try soaking it in a bathtub of warm water. I have done this in the past and it has about a 90% success rate for making a snake poo. The only bad part is cleaning the tub afterwords. You can use anything that will hold warm water. I just like to let the snake stretch out a little bit also.
    Too many snakes to list. Ball pythons, Gtp's and Boa's. It easier to say it that way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clint Bundy For This Useful Post:

Marc from CT (08-24-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marc from CT View Post
    one of my snakes has not gone to the bathroom in about a 6 weeks(pop or pee) he has had 3 meals in that time frame..he is in a rack with 3 other snakes that are all fine. 90-91 under his hide checked with a temp gun..any clues what could be going on...
    I would calm my nerves a little and at least contact and call my herp vet. They might be able to give you some tips over the phone, or if necessary they might ask you to come in. If you do not have a herp vet, I would def. start looking for one that has experience in dealing with pythons or ball pythons. I'm lucky that my herp vet has pieds and a few other ball pythons so I know I'm in good hands.
    1.0 Pewter BP, 0.1 Pastel BP, 0.4 Regular BP, 1.0 Ghost BP, 1.1 Yellow Belly BP, 1.0 Vanilla BP, 0.1 Lemon Bumble Bee BP , 1.0 Pinestripe BP, 0.1 het ghost BP, 1.0 het albino BP, 0.1 Lesser Platinum, 0.1 Angolian BP cross, 0.1 Albino BP, 0.1 Spider BP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marc from CT View Post
    Yeh soaking is usually a sure fire way of getting a snake to go unless there is a genuine problem. What substrate are are they on because if they are ingesting substrate they can become clogged up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by strike21 View Post
    Yeh soaking is usually a sure fire way of getting a snake to go unless there is a genuine problem. What substrate are are they on because if they are ingesting substrate they can become clogged up.
    I use cocofiber and some always gets stuck to the mouse cuz i soak it in warm water. Is it bad if there is some on the mouse?