Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,173

2 members and 3,171 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Question scalerot question

I acquired a new pastel ball python for free, and a few days after receiving him noticed a scar on his belly, thought it was nothing cause it looked healed, but then a few days later it opened up and i guess alot of moisture got to it from where he was in his water bowl due to shed... Anyways long story short.
    After complaining to the person who i got it from, she finally admitted to me that he was battling scale rot before she gave him to me and she said that she waited two weeks to make sure it was gone. And that he was a breeder ball python too.Then she said hes been having it his whole life...?? so i thought it could have been an internal infection?
    But now that i have had the honor of getting rid of the scale rot, its been gone for over a month and a half and the open scar wound is still healing, but its healing WAY better.

So my question is this, if he was a breeder,and he was dealing with scale rot practically his whole life, and since its a bacterial infection wouldnt that mean the snakes he was breeding to could have gotten it some how??
    Also, is it even smart to breed a ball python who has dealt with scale rot??

SORRY if this is newbish, i understand scale rot, i guess im just reassuring myself...

Thanks

Re: scalerot question

First off, congratulations on getting rid of the scale rot. Breeding them while having scale rot is not a good idea at all, let them recover first. However, after they are recovered, fully, and given a short rest period to relax from all the stress of treatment, they could breed again.
    Ball Pythons:
    0.1.0 Bumble Bee- Schnapps
    0.1.0 Pinstripe- Penny
    0.1.0 Super Cinnamon- Cleo
    0.1.0 Albino- Daiquiri
    0.1.0 Low White Piebald- Hershey
    1.0.0 Low White Piebald- Reese
    1.0.0 Paradox Super Cinnamon- Dash
    1.0.0 100% Het. Albino- Jester
    1.0.0 50% Het. Albino Jake