Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,198

1 members and 3,197 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Seriously what is with all these people coming here and preaching about something that the hobby KNOWS is not needed or useful.

Do you really think you are going to change the views of people who have been doing this far longer than you have been alive??????

Please.

This whole thread is pathetic.

"Can I feed fish?"

"No"

"Well Im going to anyways...I dont see the harm"

WHY COME HERE AND ASK IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT ANYWAYS?!?!?!?

Seriously some of these people need to get some learnin.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patrick Long For This Useful Post:

FIEND_FO_LYFE (08-31-2010),h00blah (09-13-2010)

Thanks

Re: Once a 'conda eats a fish will it eat only fish after?

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    I guess you weren't reading Rich's posts? Well I'm not going to get involved in another argument that is pointless because in all honesty if you'd want to risk anything like that after knowing the possibly down sides, then I think it proves you're not really a good keeper, but that's my statement.
    Im a bad keeper cause I said I might feed my snake fish hahaha ok I didnt see anything in any post that said it was bad. Plus I didnt see anybody say anything to the people who said they feed theyre condas fish and didnt have any problems. Besides I never said I will do it I said IF I did.
    0.1 Diamond x Jungle Carpet Python - Hazard
    1.0 Diamond x Coastal Carpet Python - Strife
    0.1Ball Python - Curse
    0.1 Blk & Wht Banded Cali King Snake - Beetlejuice
    1.0 Yellow Anaconda - Goliath
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Pandora
    1.1 Anery Red tail Boa - Static & Shiva
    1.1 Dumerils Boa - Venomous & Poisonous
    1.0 Burmese 50% Dwarf - Behemoth
    3.3 Jungle Carpet Python - Dread, Cyrax, Azazel & Omega, Demona, No name yet
    1.1 Bredli Carpet Python - No names yet
    1.0 Argentine Boa - Smoke
    1.1 Mud Snake - No names yet
    0.0.1 Blk & Wht Columbian Tegu - Takedown
    0.0.2 Green Tree Python - Cyanide & Mayhem
    1.0 Coastal Jaguar Carpet Python - Saren
    0.0.1 African Rock Python - Atlas
    0.0.0 Alligator Snapping Turtle - Gamera
    14 other Turtles
    1.0 Doberman - Anubis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Long View Post
    Seriously what is with all these people coming here and preaching about something that the hobby KNOWS is not needed or useful.

Do you really think you are going to change the views of people who have been doing this far longer than you have been alive??????

Please.

This whole thread is pathetic.

"Can I feed fish?"

"No"

"Well Im going to anyways...I dont see the harm"

WHY COME HERE AND ASK IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT ANYWAYS?!?!?!?

Seriously some of these people need to get some learnin.

Again,I didnt say I was gonna do it did I? And Im not trying to change anybodys view on anything. I was just asking a question and trying to why some people say no to doing it other than the snake getting hooked on the fish.
    0.1Ball Python - Curse
    14 other Turtles
    1.0 Doberman - Anubis

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's the concept of you don't need to feed fish to an Anaconda so it should not be done. Why even try to say why not do it if there is no harm? There is a harm so it shouldn't be done, in the wild great it's all good, but for a captive born snake, it should be fed captive born rodents/rabbits and what not when necessary. People have been feeding rodents only to their snakes for years, and not one single person can prove that staying on one main staple of diet is bad for any snake. People can assume and make guesses, but nobody has any proof.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks

If its not broken, dont fix it.
    Snakes in the wild eat many different things because they NEED TO, because food isn't readily available usually.

Its a captive animal, feed it a damn mouse, rat, rabbit...
    this thread is redonkulous.

Thanks
    void it is up-to you as the snakes owner to do what you think is best for your herp. and if you read all the posts there was a couple people who did feed there yellows a fish and didn't get hooked. only 1 person said there anaconda got hooked and that was to a chick not a fish. so honestly other then those rare 2 or 3 people who said they did it are speculating if an anaconda will get stuck on it if it eats a fish. even I'm just speculating but with work I've done with tons of other snakes lizards turtles tells me something is up with the whole all a snake needs is a rodent. honestly in my opinion there just the cheapest easiest food to keep and breed to feed the snakes nothing more nothing less

everybody else is just saying what they heard from a friend or friend of a friend. IE a rumor like i said early on there needs to be somebody willing to do some testing on a group from birth on and see 100% for sure
    i just like to argue and get you riled up dont take it to mean i dont like you or what I'm agueing about. I'm doing it for the joy of argueing dont anybody like good old fashion debates

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ice#1 View Post
    void it is up-to you as the snakes owner to do what you think is best for your herp. and if you read all the posts there was a couple people who did feed there yellows a fish and didn't get hooked. only 1 person said there anaconda got hooked and that was to a chick not a fish. so honestly other then those rare 2 or 3 people who said they did it are speculating if an anaconda will get stuck on it if it eats a fish. even I'm just speculating but with work I've done with tons of other snakes lizards turtles tells me something is up with the whole all a snake needs is a rodent. honestly in my opinion there just the cheapest easiest food to keep and breed to feed the snakes nothing more nothing less

everybody else is just saying what they heard from a friend or friend of a friend. IE a rumor like i said early on there needs to be somebody willing to do some testing on a group from birth on and see 100% for sure

Oh I know and yeah the ones that fed their's fish didn't say anything about anything bad happening to the snake but people seem to think its wrong just cause. Everybody is different and no snake is the same,but some people don't like it when you don't follow what they say and do so you end up the bad guy.
    Last edited by Void; 09-01-2010 at 02:37 PM.
    0.1Ball Python - Curse
    14 other Turtles
    1.0 Doberman - Anubis

Thanks
    Patrick Long how is it know what is needed if nobody gave them the chance to try this food or that food since snakes have been kept captive they went off what they saw a few wild caught animals eating before they caught it.

thats like raising cattle or horses and feeding it nothing but grain

everybody says the hobby knows this or the hobby knows that where is any study listed they did to find these answers they didn't they ride on the backs of those before them to scared to take a risk (yes it could possibly kill part of there collection) but then again it could send there collection to greater heights then they thought they could be but no guts no glory heck even think of it like this the person who does this study would be rich soon as they published there findings as people would have to buy there book or books.

but then again part of every clutchs dies here and there anyway reminded of my green tree pythons there has been even the greats in the green tree python breeding circle who will loose an adult and not know why. could it be an imbalance of nutrition? don't know needs testing to be 100%for sure. could it be snakes even inactive ones that sit around all the time like green trees and bloods and balls do still need bigger cages. don't know needs to be tested to be 100%for sure. could it be the tap water used to give them drinks? don't know needs to be tested to be 100% for sure. could it be the temp and humidity kept constant all the time stresses them out? don't know needs to be tested to be sure

theres just 4 aspects of keeping that aint ever been tested any 1 of which could make or break an animal yet none has ever been tested long term before it got preached as thats how it has to be

i think it is funny when people stuck in there untested ways preach it has to be done this way or that way and if you say other wise they give you bad rep because your opinion varies from there's. kind of childish if you ask me. then there are others who will call you names on top of giving you bad rep just cause they aint fully educated.

like there was at least 2 people who said they feed fish and had no problems with there snakes now if fish was so bad there would be tons of people who tried it and had problems but doing an INTERNET search on that can't find a single link. here is a link to what has been seen eaten in the wild i copy and pasted the info
    The anaconda, a giant reptile snake, is found mostly in the Amazon River Basin, but may also be found in parts of South America and Argentina. Anacondas live near the water and swim in streams. Anacondas usually eat rodents, fish, birds, caiman, turtles, and some snakes.
    i just like to argue and get you riled up dont take it to mean i dont like you or what I'm agueing about. I'm doing it for the joy of argueing dont anybody like good old fashion debates

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't understand why ice is still even talking. Everybody has already laughed at him enough because of lack of knowing how to spell and lack of grammar usage.

It's the fact that YOU DON'T NEED TO FEED YOUR ANACONDA FISH, so why do it?

You can feed a person raw chicken, will it kill them? Yes, is it needed? NO

You can feed a person dog food, will it kill them? NO, is it needed? NO

A person can drink their own urine as long as they filter it out as much of the ammonia as possible, will it kill them? NO, is it needed? Not unless you're in a desert with no access to water.

We're supposed to drink 8 glasses of water a day, right? If we don't will it kill us? NO

We can eat meal worms, crickets, or even the B. Dubia roaches, will it kill us? NO, is it needed? NO

It's the simple fact if you're snake does not need it, then why even do it? I could sit here and discredit a lot of people all day long, mainly being ice as he has no clue what he's talking about. Read below...

Quote Originally Posted by ice#1 View Post
    experience let see i know I've had herps going on close to 30 years not just 1 kind but several of dang almost too many species to list poisonous included
    ^^^^ I mean seriously?
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Remember when we weren't going to do this any more?

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast