Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,387

5 members and 3,382 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    so I'm no good at grammar once again is this a forum that has to do with snakes or grammar. grammar yeah you might know a Lil more but this is no grammar forum it is a forum about snakes. and your whole point of discrediting me has to do with I'm not the best with grammar. so what the heck does grammar got to do with a persons experience keeping snakes. not a single thing! yet you seem to think it does. my experience tells me snakes prefer a selection of prey not just 1 type for over all best health. from them getting a varied diet they get stuff that aint in mice like i said couple other times. why do all other animal but snakes need a varied diet then to stay in top health yet snakes don't and your missing that point

i rember some old facts lets see Einstein use to fail his math classes when he was in school but yet he founded a whole new way that proved other people wrong.

you keep saying your making me look bad how is that all your pointing out is i aint no good at grammar you aint posted a single link where anybody did any kind of testing to say a rodent has all that a snake needs. your just saying others told you that info and then defending it with-out trying it for yourself. and like i said if you offer differant prey items the right way the snake wont get stuck on them. but your making it sound like if somebody does it once there snake will be hooked for life. yes if they do it wrong the snake has more of a chance of getting stuck on that one prey item. but if from the day you get it offer it a selection and never repeat the selection twice in a row it won't get stuck on it. granted it is best to do it this way from neo on not on a grown snake. even take a wild snake you can offer them many prey items they naturally eat they don't get stuck on one of them. and if his yellow anaconda was over a couple of feet long i wouldn't of said a word about trying different prey as bigger snakes generally do get stuck when offered new food they never tried before but he aint got a bigger snake he has a baby. look at a number of different species of boas and pythons they go threw feeding trials to get a baby that would naturally eat a frog of lizard as there first few meals to eat mice I've talked to more then a few non-American breeders and where Americans make the snake comply with what is easiest for the US breeder to feed. non-American breeders offer there babies what they would get naturally for there first few meals to make it less stressful on the babies. but hey i guess forget about if you stress a new born snake shove a mouse down it's throat it will give in eventually even though it's instincts tells it to eat something else

this is why i hate all humans we make everything so complicated. set rules of how things are suppose to be done. even if there is an easier better way. like take a look at what we consider invasive species yet we dont top the list. all we do is take take take and never return yeah we cut down a forest thats been there for what seems like forever then we plant a handful of trees to call it even or we wipe whole species out in the name of progress but one move in where we are at and it's called an invasive species. (not talking just about herps but any species that is classified as invasive. aint like they went out of there way to go where ever. they were brought there by humans in some way shape or form)
    i just like to argue and get you riled up dont take it to mean i dont like you or what I'm agueing about. I'm doing it for the joy of argueing dont anybody like good old fashion debates

Thanks
    so neal a question or 2 noticed on a couple threads you have posted you say you have power feed your anaconda (even though just once when switching from f/t to live but you said you got 15 years of keeping reptiles yet even after 14 years you still power feed. ok here's the question

why did you power feed knowing it can lead to health issues later on down the road.
    second question
    with knowing rats and mice will chew on a snake why do you feed live prey. why not kill the prey and while it is still twitching throw it in to your hungry snake (they will take it i know for a fact cause thats how i feed all my snakes smack the prey in the back the head then throw it in while still twitching)

so even after a solid 14 years before you got your yellow anaconda you forgot or just didn't care about your snake to power feed or feed live prey when everybody on the forum says don't do it. just that alone makes me questions how much you honestly know. you ever seen pictures of a prolapse common cause is power feeding other issues is fat rolls. then theres the feeding live prey causes scares even if you are standing there watching the snake and prey they might get a quick bite or 2 in before you can get the prey out. other issues of the live prey biting a young snake is it can cause it to go off feed from getting scared of the prey biting it again. or they could bite your snake while it is being killed why take a chance from somebody who is suppose to know better after a solid 14 years of keeping reptiles
    Last edited by ice#1; 08-26-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    i just like to argue and get you riled up dont take it to mean i dont like you or what I'm agueing about. I'm doing it for the joy of argueing dont anybody like good old fashion debates

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Actually Ice, if you can read, which it's rather obvious you cannot you will see I'm against power feeding. Go back and re-read it, and actually focus on what I said. I feed my snakes once a week. So Einstein failed math, that's way different then not having the education to differentiate "here" and "hear". Then from what you say you've kept all these "poisonous" snakes as you call them, which proves again you need to obviously go back to school and get an education.

You keep mentioning about finding something that proves a rodent is all a snake needs, well let's look at the common sense of this alright? People that have been doing this 2x-3x as long as you have had snakes from hatchling's until they've died, and many people, actually 99.9% of people keep snakes on one food source which is Rats. Are you really that ignorant to question people that have more knowledge in their pinkie finger versus your entire brain?

I mean seriously, back to you not being able to comprehend my posts about where I was against power feeding, and you assuming I power feed my snakes, shall I call you ignorant once again? Learn how to read, seriously. I don't know how old you are, but go back to the fourth grade. Actually they know how to differ between "here" and "hear", so I would assume the third grade maybe?
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks
    so you say your against it and never did it intesting heres a copy and past from your own words you did it once just like i said you said you did and your trying to say i say you power feed no not what i said if you re read it

Neal

* View Profile
    * View Forum Posts
    * Private Message
    * Add as Contact
    * View Gallery Uploads

Registered User Neal has a face we're always glad to see Neal's Avatar

Thanks

Re: Anaconda tried to eat itsself?

Quote Originally Posted by mumps View Post
    Oh I'll guarantee his conda is hungry...

Chris
    She, if you can't read anyways, or understand a signature. Sorry I don't powerfeed my animals. That only happened once way back when, I switch from F/T to live, it's what I have at the time.

so in your own post you said you did it once even after 14 years experience so if you did it once then you did power feed yet here in this thread you say your so against it yet you did do it even if just once. liar if you did it once you still power fed your snake.

see i dont care about your Lil games you seem to play trying to make people mad your a lieing looser. who cares if i made a mistake when typing other then you. you seem to have this fascination with telling people they can't read or spell or this or that. it must be so hard on you to have to try to make yourself seem better then everybody else who has a opinion different then you last i knew here in America we have the right to our opinion well unless talking to you or you and your 7 friends on your list give that person bad rep. see i could of played that game along with the 8 of you but lets face it life is too short to play games with liars who in your own words power feed even if only once you did it now you try to claim you never did

yeah so tons of people have done it for years don't mean it is right just think you could live off of eating nothing but hamburger your whole life but people don't do that. see just like i said you can't show any real facts other then saying other people have done it for years.
    so you say there is some people who have been keeping for 90 years out there whats there names as thats how long they would have to be doing it for to have done it 3 times as long as me and honestly there just aint that many people who is over 100 years old (most if not all that age are in a nursing home and no nursing home will let a snake in there building

cant you read i said that you said you did it once. only in your mind does that mean you power feed all the time. feeling guilty about something to not be able to take a question the way it was typed

and see you are assuming i am claiming you power feed when i asked. why did you do it even once after a solid 14 years of keeping herps before you got your yellow anaconda?

oh and something else what is this breeders name you helped breed his yellow anacondas

oh and don't really matter what you say neal i will no longer be able to read what you post i ignored you for lieing and i hate liars with a passion so i find it better to ignore them
    Last edited by ice#1; 08-26-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks

Re: Once a 'conda eats a fish will it eat only fish after?

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Nice...well Ill keep thinking on it
    My old yellow use to get one fish once a month and rats the rest of the time. My new baby yellow i plan on doing the same with. Fish aren't as healthy, but make a nice little treat for them now and then.
    Last edited by marvelfreak; 08-26-2010 at 09:18 PM.
    1.0 Yellow Anaconda, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 1.0 Dumeril Boa, 0.1 Argentina Boa, 2.1 Malaysian Blood, 0.1 Marble Borneo Short Tail, 0.1 Jungle Carpet, 0.1 Bredli Carpet, 0.1 75% Diamond x 25% Jungle Carpet, 0.1 Coastal Jaguar Carpet, 1.0 Coastal carpet, and 1.0 Jungle x Jaguar Carpet.

Thanks Chuck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to marvelfreak For This Useful Post:

Void (08-28-2010)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ice are you that ignorant? mumps is the one that said that, I quoted him. I have never fed my snake more then once per 5 days.

I'm not trying to make myself seem better then anybody, but I don't like people like you that have no clue what they're talking about coming on here telling people to do this and that, so yes I will speak my mind to people like you. I'm not a lying loser either, you are just to ignorant to realize the difference between me quoting somebody and actually speaking in my own terms. It's a friend that I helped take care and maintain his snakes, he's not a big breeder.

You're so stuck on me showing you facts that they can survive on one food source, how about you show me something factual that they cannot survive on one food source?

I can continue this all day until the thread gets locked by a moderator.
    -Venomous-

Thanks
    Buwhahahahahahahaha lmao@ Ice what a joke!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lesserbee For This Useful Post:

FIEND_FO_LYFE (08-29-2010),Neal (08-27-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Once a 'conda eats a fish will it eat only fish after?

Guys please,

Take it to PM or use the ignore function ok?

It would be a shame to have the move the thread to QT because of squabbling.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    already ignored him and all the people on his friends list so they can't go starting crap again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Del, I say move it to QT, since I already tried to get him to drop it before he embarrassed himself, but he wanted to continue.

Edit:
    But, as long as he's learned his lesson del, I will honor you by stopping my talk :p.
    Last edited by Neal; 08-27-2010 at 07:59 PM.
    -Venomous-

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast