Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,281

1 members and 3,280 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Interesting Friday the 13th

I went with my sister in law and her parents for a boat ride on the Chesepeake. Her parents have a house boat and my sister in law took the small boat out to pull the kids around on the tube. I was on the bow of the boat trying to distribute weight and watching the kids on the tube and all of a sudden, the boat almost capsized and I went overboard at a high rate of speed (my daughter said I flew and apparently did a somersault in mid-air). I'm a bruised and have some scrapes, but otherwise am okay. I started on the port side of the bow and landed on the starboard side, the engine cut off, so the boat was still there when I surfaced. I popped up outta the water and told my sister in law the front of the tube was under water again cause that's what I was trying to say when I went over. I also managed to hang on to my lighter, but dropped my smokes which floated and stayed dry. My poor sister in law is scared to death and trying to help me back into the boat and I'm holding onto the boat and stretching to grab the smokes (bad habit, I know, but a harrowing experience like that really makes you want one). Starting to get a little sore in places I didn't know I got hurt, but it was more funny than anything.
    My hubby broke his pinky toe this morning getting out of bed, my brother in law (hubby of the boat driver) burned his arm at work today, so all in all in was definately an interesting Friday the 13th...
    *~*Mica*~*
    0.2 Kids
    1.1 Great Danes
    1.0 '09 Pastel BP
    0.1 '09 Lemon Pastel
    0.1 '10 Lesser

Thanks

Re: Interesting Friday the 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Brunoheart View Post
    I went with my sister in law and her parents for a boat ride on the Chesepeake. Her parents have a house boat and my sister in law took the small boat out to pull the kids around on the tube. I was on the bow of the boat trying to distribute weight and watching the kids on the tube and all of a sudden, the boat almost capsized and I went overboard at a high rate of speed (my daughter said I flew and apparently did a somersault in mid-air). I'm a bruised and have some scrapes, but otherwise am okay. I started on the port side of the bow and landed on the starboard side, the engine cut off, so the boat was still there when I surfaced. I popped up outta the water and told my sister in law the front of the tube was under water again cause that's what I was trying to say when I went over. I also managed to hang on to my lighter, but dropped my smokes which floated and stayed dry. My poor sister in law is scared to death and trying to help me back into the boat and I'm holding onto the boat and stretching to grab the smokes (bad habit, I know, but a harrowing experience like that really makes you want one). Starting to get a little sore in places I didn't know I got hurt, but it was more funny than anything.
    My hubby broke his pinky toe this morning getting out of bed, my brother in law (hubby of the boat driver) burned his arm at work today, so all in all in was definately an interesting Friday the 13th...
    Jebus!

your family sounds like me, always getting hurt

Thanks

Well, it's been a relatively quiet summer for us, so we made up for it all on the same day...lol!!
    *~*Mica*~*
    0.2 Kids
    1.1 Great Danes
    1.0 '09 Pastel BP
    0.1 '09 Lemon Pastel
    0.1 '10 Lesser

Thanks

Well, it's been a relatively quiet summer for us, so we made up for it all on the same day...lol!!
    lol! that explains it

Its only funny until somebody gets hurt, then its hilarious. right

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeV For This Useful Post:

Brunoheart (08-13-2010)

Thanks

My little sister was just born today. Thankfully were not superstitious. (ignore spelling)
    -Jake-
    Boy, n: a noise with dirt on it.

0.1 Normal "Jezebel"
    1.0 Paradox Butter "Jar Jar"
    0.1 Bee "Jaiya"
    0.1 Black Pastel "Juniper"
    0.1 Enchi "Juliet"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 952 Posts

And here I was just sitting here nursing my left foot/ankle that I messed up this afternoon. Was getting up from this very chair and noticed my foot fell asleep. So I figure "I'll just walk it off". First step on the left foot and I hear a loud crack and almost fell over. My six year old daughter asked me what that noise was. When I told her it was my foot, she asked if it hurt..lol. Have to see in the morning how it is feeling before I decide if I have to get it looked at.
    - Greg

Visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/412Balls/

or our website: http://412balls.weebly.com/

Thanks

I decided to wear my wrist brace tonight cause it is really sore. I'll see how it feels in the AM, too!!!
    *~*Mica*~*
    0.2 Kids
    1.1 Great Danes
    1.0 '09 Pastel BP
    0.1 '09 Lemon Pastel
    0.1 '10 Lesser

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjsnakedude View Post
    My little sister was just born today. Thankfully were not superstitious. (ignore spelling)
    Happy Birthday little sis!! I usually call Friday the 13th my lucky day, but today was a bit ridiculous...
    *~*Mica*~*
    0.2 Kids
    1.1 Great Danes
    1.0 '09 Pastel BP
    0.1 '09 Lemon Pastel
    0.1 '10 Lesser

Banned
    Thanks

Big Gunns knows exactly what happened. Your sister and law(boat captain) must have thought she saw Big Gunns and lost all control of her senses. Tell her this is a very common problem. Big Gunns is glad you're OK.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Gunns For This Useful Post:

Brunoheart (08-14-2010)

Thanks

OH MY GOD

This thread is cursed lol!!

After not getting hurt for at least 2 months (trust me.. for me thats a VERY long time) This morning I slipped and gashed my elbo open on the sliding door track

Yes, the thick, not sharp at all, sliding door track.

it looks something like this

I hate my life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast