Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,382

1 members and 3,381 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Re: Rescued this today...

Akaangela.. I'm not sure if I personally would want a 10ft burm going back to an owner that could lose it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    Akaangela.. I'm not sure if I personally would want a 10ft burm going back to an owner that could lose it.
    I have to agree... but putting out a lost add never occurred to me. If someone lost it, I'll kinda feel bad. At the same time I know he won't get lost again and she'll take really good care of him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    I understand and I kinda agree with you. However I have had snakes, dogs, cats and a kid get away from me when I THOUGHT they where secured. Granted I found them (especially the kid) within a reasonable time frame but there was "OH NO" moments. Since I have NO idea of what kind a set up a snake that big would need maybe I am way off base (if so take what I say with a grain of salt and my apologies).

LOL Last night I watched my Mojave pop the lid to her tub off. Talk about shock.... If I hadn't heard the snap I would never have knows the little stinker could do that (and she is by no means a small ball) I fixed it so she couldn't pull that stunt again (and thanked heavens I caught her before she could get into mischief).

Any how this is just my option and I honestly don't know squat about the big snakes so take it for what it is worth.

Thanks

I agree w/both aka and appy......

Here there was an albino burm that had escaped TWO times. The 2nd time it was in the paper and the owner and police admitted it had done a Houdini once before.....and not just from the cage...but from the house into the neighborhood...BOTH TIMES!

You wouldn't THINK that a large burm would escape into the street, but it would be safe to put out "found" information and ask around. Then if nothing turns up, you can figure he's now found a new home. Hopefully your friend will understand how big he will/ can get and is willing to be a forever after home.
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

you also have to think though if they really wanted him then they would post a add in the paper saying they lost him and might get in contact with the news stations telling people to beware of there little dogs and cats.

Thanks

If only you could get it to Indiana...

Thanks

i like that part pulled a Houdini 2 times i think they just didn't know with the bigger snakes it's better to have sliding doors then a regular style door. or at least thats my opinion

I've kept my share of burms over the years and never had one get out of a cage that only way in or out of the cage with sliding wooden doors but then again i screw there doors shut at top and bottom
    i just like to argue and get you riled up dont take it to mean i dont like you or what I'm agueing about. I'm doing it for the joy of argueing dont anybody like good old fashion debates

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12