Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,388

1 members and 3,387 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

I want more reps!!

ok what are some REALY good ways to get my parents to let me have more reptiles?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Re: I want more reps!!

Show your maturity and go above and beyond everything they ask you to do.

And do it with out complaining and keep your room clean, HW done etc. Over time they will see this and accept your proposal.

Also be sure to have caresheets printed up and show them your HW your doing about the species you want.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Rich said much of what I would say. I'll add...

How old are you? Do you have a job? If you can't get a traditional sort of job at this time, then look for other ways to earn money...mowing neighbor's lawns, or shoveling snow, raking leaves, babysitting, pet sitting, and other odd jobs. Whatever money you can earn, show your parents that you can save it and budget it. Prove to them that you are not only responsible enough to see to the daily needs of your pets, but also able and willing to take on the financial responsibility for them as well.

Personally, I'm a big softie when it comes to pets...I'd have a zoo if it were only up to me. But my husband is VERY strict about such things and we probably wouldn't have any animals at all if it were only up to him. Fortunately, we balance each other out. It took some work, however, to convince him to allow our daughter to get a snake. Part of that convincing came when she saved up $100 of her own money to help purchase the animal and all the supplies needed to go with it. ......she was ten years old at the time.
    -- Judy

Thanks

ya i have been doing my HW good grades and every thing i even read about the breed i want in my free time and still nothing =\ they keep saying the some thing =\

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boa_mchugh View Post
    ya i have been doing my HW good grades and every thing i even read about the breed i want in my free time and still nothing =\ they keep saying the some thing =\
    Persistence always wins in the end.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Rich said much of what I would say. I'll add...

How old are you? Do you have a job? If you can't get a traditional sort of job at this time, then look for other ways to earn money...mowing neighbor's lawns, or shoveling snow, raking leaves, babysitting, pet sitting, and other odd jobs. Whatever money you can earn, show your parents that you can save it and budget it. Prove to them that you are not only responsible enough to see to the daily needs of your pets, but also able and willing to take on the financial responsibility for them as well.

Personally, I'm a big softie when it comes to pets...I'd have a zoo if it were only up to me. But my husband is VERY strict about such things and we probably wouldn't have any animals at all if it were only up to him. Fortunately, we balance each other out. It took some work, however, to convince him to allow our daughter to get a snake. Part of that convincing came when she saved up $100 of her own money to help purchase the animal and all the supplies needed to go with it. ......she was ten years old at the time.
    i have tryed to get a jod at a rep. store but they stoped e-mailing me so i dont thing its going to happen =\ and im almost 14 and my parents know that i take GRATE care of my ball python but still nothing =\

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    Persistence always wins in the end.
    lol ya thats kinnda what im doing and i think im realy starting to annoy them haha cuz all i ever realy talk about is reps and how AMAZING! they are haha

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

well, what is the animal you're trying to get your hands on?
    sometimes parents are adamant about not letting you buy a certain animal because they either don't know anything about the animal, or they know what the media has shown them.

ball pythons are easy to ask parents for because they're super docile, they eat once a week, they are easy to maintain, and they don't get very big.

as it was stated, show that you're spending a lot of time trying to learn about the reptile. if you learn something cool about them, show your folks the website and educate them about how great they can be. i convinced my mom to let me get my first BP by showing her videos of cute ball pythons being docile and handled. i also told her about all the cool facts i learned about them and how interesting they would be. i told her about the size compared to other pythons (3 to 5 feet was still a HUGE snake to her ).

basically, back to the first question - what is it you're trying to buy?
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    well, what is the animal you're trying to get your hands on?
    sometimes parents are adamant about not letting you buy a certain animal because they either don't know anything about the animal, or they know what the media has shown them.

ball pythons are easy to ask parents for because they're super docile, they eat once a week, they are easy to maintain, and they don't get very big.

as it was stated, show that you're spending a lot of time trying to learn about the reptile. if you learn something cool about them, show your folks the website and educate them about how great they can be. i convinced my mom to let me get my first BP by showing her videos of cute ball pythons being docile and handled. i also told her about all the cool facts i learned about them and how interesting they would be. i told her about the size compared to other pythons (3 to 5 feet was still a HUGE snake to her ).

basically, back to the first question - what is it you're trying to buy?
    well im trying to get a lot of stuff...red taild boa, GTP, more BPs, and monitor lizerds and stuff and i always talk about reps so ya =\ and my step mom sed my bp was HUGE yesterday haha

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boa_mchugh View Post
    well im trying to get a lot of stuff...red taild boa, GTP, more BPs, and monitor lizerds and stuff and i always talk about reps so ya =\ and my step mom sed my bp was HUGE yesterday haha
    Well at your age i can see why they Dont want you having Boas and or monitor. The cage sizes are huge compared to BPs. And are you properly setup to Quarantine them away from your established snakes. That could cause problems with the Parents as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast