Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,158

3 members and 3,155 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,111
Threads: 248,550
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GhostyBoy29
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: liability issue

Thanks

Re: liability issue

Yeah the company I got my roaches from a while back is awesome. The first time I ordered 1k all were alive, the second time, maybe 200-300 died, no big deal though, they do a couple 100 over count to be safe. I e-mailed just to let them know, and they gave me a full 1k roaches back a couple days later. I am in Alaska and I thought that was totally cool of them.

Thanks

Not knowing the exact communication between the buyer and seller, here is my opinion:

If the seller did not offer a solid ship date, and didn't tell the buyer when they shipped, I think the seller eats the blame and cost to replace the animals.

Even if this wasn't a live creature, any other perishable item like a frozen specimen, food items, or even volatile chemicals that need to stay a certain temperature... it's not good business to ship without notifying the customer when done, and would fall into the sellers field of responsibility, not the buyers to ask "Did they ship today?" "No?" "How about tomorrow?"

I congratulate the seller for doing the right thing and offering a full refund or replacement.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I replaced order 100% and covered over night shipping once again
    Buyer offered to pay for shipping but I declined.

I am out of roaches for the time being. Time will tell if buyer will be a repeat customer but that is how the experience went. Thanks to everyone for their input

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts
    Personally I believe that a seller is ALWAYS responsible for giving notification of the moment of shipment of live animals. 99.9% of purchases where an item is being shipped to me, I get an email notification, in this day and age it's just expected.

It's a minor mistake and 9 times out of 10 the buyer would probably have been on the lookout for a package or contacted you to see if the item shipped. That 10th time, the buyer would be waiting looking for an email notification of shipment (which was never recieved).

I would chalk it up as a loss personally and give a full refund. Plus, it will give you good guy points and earn you business in the future. Think of it as just a bit of PR expenditures.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    I would chalk it up as a loss personally and give a full refund. Plus, it will give you good guy points and earn you business in the future. Think of it as just a bit of PR expenditures.
    Check the thread directly above yours
    -J.B.
    http://www.iherp.com/jfreels
    Technology & Reptile mashup blog
    YouTube Channel
    "STOP ANTHROPOMORPHIZING YOUR ANIMALS." - WesleyTF

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123