Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,205

0 members and 3,205 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: What a night

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Thumbs down What a night

At around 3am I woke up because I heard some "squirt" noise.. I just thought "there she goes again" as I knew that means a big pile of poo.

I guess I know her too well although this time she almost <detail> flooded the rub </detail>. I knew she is in shed so I wanted to make sure I clean that up.

Then when I got up I thought I don't believe my eyes. My gorgeous girl must have had the worst shed ever. It clearly is my fault as I normally put moss into her hide when she is in shed, but for some reason I just didn't this time. I complete forgot about it. Her head had all sorts of skin flakes hanging around etc. Since it was 3am in the morning I couldn't get any moss obviously so I put down some damp towels etc.

So I couldn't do much more for her at that time so I went back to bed.

At around 4.30 she made such a noise moving around that I couldn't sleep (her rub is in the bed room for the moment until my new viv arrives) and when I looked at her I almost fell over.

Not one single complete piece of skin anywhere and her rub looked like a right mess. So I filled up the bath tub with some warm water, put down a huge towel on the "floor" of the tub and put down a hide so if she goes in there the water covers about 1/2 - 2/3 of her body high.

Surely enough she did actually go into the bath tub hide without any issues so I let her soak for about an hour before I tried to get her running through another damp towel.

A lot of skin came off but she still has a patch on her back, half way down the back of her head. She simply refuses to go through a towel head first so as it was approaching 6am I checked online and saw that the local DIY opens at 7am and I knew they sell moss.

So 7am, being the first customer, I bought some moss and fitted her hide with it.

She went straight in there where I left her this morning before I went to work. I suppose all I can do later tonight is giving her another bath and try maybe to carefully rub off the old skin with a towel or something or leave her in a damp pillow case for a while inside her rub on the warm side.

I don't THINK she has any skin on her eyes (I might post some pictures later tonight) so I am not that worried anymore.

I just could kick myself for somehow having a brainfart and not upping the humidity even though I knew she is in shed. There is just a lot going on at the moment which clearly distracted me too much.

Lesson learned I suppose - every other shed of hers was full so far .. there goes the clean record out of the window

Thanks

Re: What a night

she will be fine. i have snakes that will shed on the same day and one will shed perfect and hte other will have a bad shed. just put a damp paper towel down or moss in ur hide like you said and it will be fine. The rest will most likely be off by the time you get back from work.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BallsUnlimited View Post
    she will be fine. i have snakes that will shed on the same day and one will shed perfect and hte other will have a bad shed. just put a damp paper towel down or moss in ur hide like you said and it will be fine. The rest will most likely be off by the time you get back from work.
    Thanks, I always worry a lot when it comes to my gorgeous girl .. She was my first

I did notice something though .. the first two sheds she had with me she always soaked in a waterbowl .. never done it since (still had full sheds)

Or at least I never saw her soaking since .. the first two times she was in the bowl for days.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Wow, been a while .. She just shed again after that mess August 4th (so two month between sheds) ..

THAT is what I want to see

Thanks
    She's a looker, glad her shed went smoother this time!
    - Dave Harms - www.wax32.com | Pinstripe, Yellow Belly, Sulfur, Cinnamon ph G-Stripe, Pastel het Hypo | Pastel, Fire, Albino, Mojave, Lesser Platinum ph G-Stripe, Pastel ph G-Stripe, het G-Stripe, het Hypo, het Piebald, Pastel Yellowbelly