Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,433

2 members and 3,431 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

I got my wedding boots and new riding boots!

I just had to share, and I figured I would put it in here because my people will understand me

First up my new boots. These are my first pair of brand new cowgirl boots! I always got hand me downs before, I was so excited to pick out my very own pair. I can't wait to get these all muddy!

Now for my wedding boots! I'm a little confused on what I'm going to wear under them, the lace is see through. It's going to be June, (and my dress will have red in it). Hopefully my fiance doesn't get nosy and read this....oh well I guess if he does.

My wedding is going to be an interesting one, I'll be the first to admit it! I will be on my horse rather than walking down the aisle and I wanted some really cool shoes since they will show while I'm on my horse.

Here is a picture with my prom dress. She's pretty good with big flappy things on her. During hunting season I ride with an orange blanket draped over her bum, so I'm not too worried about a wedding dress at all. It has to be a bigger dress with a train though so it doesn't bunch up in the front like my prom dress. The dress will have some red like I said. My saddle is black and pink....Not sure what I'm going to do about that yet. She is really high strung though...that will be interesting. Next year she'll be 24 so maybe she'll be calmed down by then, lol.

My flower girl will hopefully be pulled by a mini horse. I spoke with a lady near me that shows mini horses and so far she's interested in 'renting out' her mini horse and cart for me! Yay! Here is a link to the cart pony on her site http://www.kinneyminiatures.com/show.html

I have the fair grounds in my home town rented for the day, the reception will be in a new 4-H building with a kitchen. So everything is right there including horse stalls and bathing area thank heavens!

If anyone likes to plan things or has ideas for me let me know! My wedding is next June, so I have plenty of time to figure things out, but I always like getting advice and neat ideas from creative people!

Also, my mare fractured her skull in a couple places and needs some cover up for my wedding photos. She is completely missing her brow bone over one eye, and her eye (the blue one ) is sunk down-from severed nerves. So...she doesn't look great from one side. I was thinking of some sort of vale to clip on that side of her face to cover her eye. Anyone have other ideas, or ideas how to make the vale work, or like the idea period? I'm trying to do something that doesn't look dumb, but she needs something. I have pictures if anyone really wants to see....
    Last edited by SlitherinSisters; 03-16-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

Re: I got my wedding boots and new riding boots!

Both pairs of boots are just way cool but I love the wedding boots! What an awesome and creative thing you are doing for your wedding! I just love horses and I could only imagine doing soemething this awesome!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ballpythonluvr For This Useful Post:

SlitherinSisters (03-16-2011)

Thanks

Love both of them! I need a new pair of riding boots, grew out of mine.. been wearing converse LOL not fun when horses step on converse..
    1.0 '12 Irian Jaya Carpet Python
    0.1 '09 Normal BP
    1.0 '07 Normal BP
    1.0 '08 Pinstripe BP
    0.0.1 Nelson's Milk Snake

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kymberli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballpythonluvr View Post
    Both pairs of boots are just way cool but I love the wedding boots! What an awesome and creative thing you are doing for your wedding! I just love horses and I could only imagine doing soemething this awesome!
    Thank you! I'm glad you like the boots! I've talked about them a little with a few people in my extended family and they said they sounded stupid I'll catch a lot of flack from some of my snoody family members about my wedding, but I'll just have to tell them to stuff it. I think those boots are way cool, and they actually are comfy!

Horses were always my life. I didn't get to grow up with them, but saved all my money from when I was a kid and when I was 16 my granny called and said, if you pay for everything you can have horses on my land! I was lucky enough for my dream to come true and I don't take it for granted for a second!

Quote Originally Posted by Kymberli View Post
    Love both of them! I need a new pair of riding boots, grew out of mine.. been wearing converse LOL not fun when horses step on converse..
    Thank you! Oh gosh that would suck! These ones are reinforced in the toe and on the heal, so hopefully they will hold up!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    Thank you! I'm glad you like the boots! I've talked about them a little with a few people in my extended family and they said they sounded stupid I'll catch a lot of flack from some of my snoody family members about my wedding, but I'll just have to tell them to stuff it. I think those boots are way cool, and they actually are comfy!

Horses were always my life. I didn't get to grow up with them, but saved all my money from when I was a kid and when I was 16 my granny called and said, if you pay for everything you can have horses on my land! I was lucky enough for my dream to come true and I don't take it for granted for a second!

Thank you! Oh gosh that would suck! These ones are reinforced in the toe and on the heal, so hopefully they will hold up!

It's your wedding, your day, if you want to get married in a burlap sack, wearing a set of bubba teeth, and an elvis impersonator officiating the ceremony, it's your day.

Do what makes you happy, these are going to be your memories of your special day.
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

8. The Following User Says Thank You to llovelace For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by llovelace View Post
    It's your wedding, your day, if you want to get married in a burlap sack, wearing a set of bubba teeth, and an elvis impersonator officiating the ceremony, it's your day.

Do what makes you happy, these are going to be your memories of your special day.
    Thank you! I keep hearing that from my close family. They know I'm horse crazy and some of them were sweet enough to say "I couldn't see your wedding being any different".

Thanks

Yeah I miss my steel-toe riding boots, they come in handy when a 1600lb Tennessee Walker decides to walk on your toes rather than the ground.
    0.1 '09 Normal BP
    1.0 '07 Normal BP
    1.0 '08 Pinstripe BP

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kymberli View Post
    Yeah I miss my steel-toe riding boots, they come in handy when a 1600lb Tennessee Walker decides to walk on your toes rather than the ground.
    Oh man that would suck! I swear my sister's heifer of a horse purposefully goes for your toes when she's upset with you. She is a real witch and that's putting it nicely!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    Oh man that would suck! I swear my sister's heifer of a horse purposefully goes for your toes when she's upset with you. She is a real witch and that's putting it nicely!
    Lol I feel the same way about my Tennessee! She's such a clutz too, I get a new injury from her almost every time I take her out! Yesterday it was a huge bruise across my arm from her lead rope while I hosed her down -_-
    0.1 '09 Normal BP
    1.0 '07 Normal BP
    1.0 '08 Pinstripe BP

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 993 Posts
    I loooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee those boots girl! I'm so excited for you. I hope you guys will be as happy as my hubby and I.
    1.0 Normal (Rocko)
    1.0 Mojave (Mac)
    1.0 Pastel Ghost (Zeus)
    0.1 Spider (Zarah)
    1.0 Butter (Jagger)
    0.1 Coral Albino Boa (Josslynn)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Cee Lo)
    Black Cat Nivea)
    Dachshund (Isabella) (Murphy) (Lilli)
    Mixed Breed (Heidi)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DellaF For This Useful Post: