Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,193

0 members and 3,193 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

She finally ate!!!

I've been so worried about this girl, taking her to work and class with me because I didn't want to leave her alone. Waking up in the middle of the night to check on her and make sure she was still alive. Even though I know snakes can go a long time with out eating.

I tried feeding her twice a week since she has never refused food. She would strike and coil but would never eat or even try to swallow it. She's lost weight and she's not as strong as she use to be, so this week I got 2 mouse hoppers and she took both of them. She was on sm rats when all of this started. After this feeding if she didn't take the hoppers I couldn't decide if I was going to start force feeding or have her put to sleep. Even though I know force feeding would have added even more stress to the situation.

She was busy today so I knew she was hungry and looking for something and she finally did it. Talk about a weight off of my shoulders, soul survivor, the littlest of them all and she pulls through.

I hadn't named her before,..couldn't come up with anything that fit and if she didn't make it. Maybe I would be less attached if she didn't have a name. But that didn't work out, there's no way I couldn't get attached.

So today I dubbed thee,...Spiral. Which is an Ultimate X-Men character aka Rita Wayword.

For anyone that doesn't remember I lost all my reps except for this girl a couple of weeks back, 3 Tegus and 3 Bps. Both visual morphs and 1 double het, the mate for Spiral.

Thanks

Re: She finally ate!!!

Congratz I hope she keeps doing good!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AkHerps For This Useful Post:

bubblz (08-01-2010)

Thanks

Re: She finally ate!!!

Thanks AK,...I really do hope that this is just the beginning to her getting better and gaining her weight back.