Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,345

3 members and 3,342 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Re: Mice Direct FDA Recall

Does Mice Direct, or any distributor for that matter, produce 100% of what they sell?

If not, there is no way to know what happens prior to the prey items arriving at their facility.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    How would one go about doing irradiate. I sell many mice here locally live and frozen. And do plan on selling Frozen ASF as well and would like to take the extra step if it helps.
    I think all you have to do is drive within 100 miles of Vegas and it's all taken care of.

Radiation wise, that is.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

How would one go about doing irradiate. I sell many mice here locally live and frozen. And do plan on selling Frozen ASF as well and would like to take the extra step if it helps.
    I applaud you sir....this is the appropriate response, someone who truly cares to do the right thing. No blame game, no conspiracy theories, just plain old do the right thing.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    I think all you have to do is drive within 100 miles of Vegas and it's all taken care of.

Radiation wise, that is.
    HA too bad thats out of the question with the long drive.

Theres gotta be a safe way of doing this without exposing ourselves to it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by izoid View Post
    I think you need to calm down a bit and stop being so aggressive in the way you dialog with others. For some reason you seem to enjoy belittling those who have different opinions than you.

The recall was initiated by the FDA AFTER samples contained salmonella. These samples were traced to lots that were sent to 17 states where people got sick. Nowhere in the recall data does it indicate that the illness was possibly caused by anyone other than Mice Direct. I do not know where you got your info from but I would appreciate it if you could direct us there.

The fact that it was dead rats that were infected and not live breeders is a smokescreen, it means nothing. I feed my boas frozen and not live so all I care about is the frozen feeders that I get from them....the ones with salmonella.

If companies are shipping feeders that are contaminated with salmonella maybe they need to be regulated. If they can't police themselves then maybe someone else should. Just a thought.
    I got my facts from the source, not the media.
    Jenea
    GuardianReptiles.com

"The irrational fear of snakes is the only excuse a grown man has to act like a complete sissy" - Colchicine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaHogs View Post
    I got my facts from the source, not the media.
    The FDA or Mice Direct???

I watch cops on TV all the time and the guilty party is always at a loss as to what they may have done, it is always the other guy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Does Mice Direct, or any distributor for that matter, produce 100% of what they sell?

If not, there is no way to know what happens prior to the prey items arriving at their facility.

That is correct. Many producers such as rodent pro, get some of their product from other facilities. I know for a fact, that recently, in an effort to increase rat production, Mice Direct did get some breeders from another facility...so you are right, several facilities are all tied together.
    Jenea
    GuardianReptiles.com

"The irrational fear of snakes is the only excuse a grown man has to act like a complete sissy" - Colchicine

Thanks

So, are you saying that the mice, rats and chicks that had salmonella all came from different facilities and that Mice Direct has no culpability in the matter?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaHogs View Post
    That is correct. Many producers such as rodent pro, get some of their product from other facilities. I know for a fact, that recently, in an effort to increase rat production, Mice Direct did get some breeders from another facility...so you are right, several facilities are all tied together.
    Didn't they have a power outage a bit ago too and lose a bunch of breeders?

Not to go way off topic or anything.

I would imagine that getting enough rats to jumpstart an operation as large as theirs necessitated purchasing large numbers of rodents from multiple sources and if they just had them shipped in, didn't go get them in person, there is no way to really know how they were kept.

Anyway, this is not about them in particular. We should keep that in mind.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

There are two facilities in the south east. One in South Florida, and one about 3 hours from Atlanta. I do not know about facilities in the North. You basically have to take your product to the facility to get the process done. It is time consuming and costly, but Mice Direct is doing it at the direction of the FDA
    Jenea
    GuardianReptiles.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast