Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,367

3 members and 3,364 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Ball Python MISSING

went to sleep and woke up and she was missing wow looking everywhere cant seem to find her my mom is terrified of snakes and if she finds her most likely she will kill it . where are good places to look for her

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks

Re: Ball Python MISSING

they are typically within a few feet of their enclosure. look around the closest tight spots and don't just look down...they go up as well sometimes. If you do not find her I would get a freshly killed mouse....put it in a box with a heating pad under it and camp out in the room somewhere. That gets them sometimes. Good luck!!
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

Thanks

Check dressers too. I found one inside a drawer, and another behind a drawer. Rembember tight and dark.
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

Thanks

We are baby sitting a couple of balls right now and had one get out the other day. She went about 10 ft into another room and down into my boyfriends work boots.
    So check shoes, anything that is big enough for her to hide in. We used to have a garter snake and when she got out she could end up anywhere in the apartment. Once she was curled up on top of the dvd player guess it's a great heat source, under a baseball hat, in the blinds, wrapped around the post to our bed, I found her in an easter basket full of candy once, in bed with us (nothing like getting woken up by a musting snake), under the bed, and in between the couch cushions. She lives at a serpentarium now, we got tired of playing find the snake, or being woken up at 3 a.m. because she was throwing herself against the aquarium or had already managed to dislodge the lid despite keeping textbooks on each corner.

Thanks

Was the door to the room open closed? How Big of a snake is it? If it is a big snake and the door was closed its probably in the room. if the door wad open or it is a smaller snake it could be anywhere.I hope you didnt have an outside window open with no screen. But check behind the fridge under the stove under the couch if ther is no bottom on the couch.

Thanks

Yesterday, like a idiot i left my snakes tup a little open in its rack system, it got out and the first place i found here was the first place i looked, behind the ajar tub directly on the heat tape i took her off and other then some hissing she was completely fine and ate for me that day. BPs dont like to travel far and like to shove themselves in the nearest small tight warm place

Thanks

looked almost every where cant find her im so sad

Thanks

put flower and bags on the floor, and look for snake tracks or listen for bag movement

Thanks

What kind of heating and or cooling vents in your house? Any baseboard heaters? If so check and make sure there is no way into them check any floor vents too if they are missing broken or a small snake.

Thanks

Please tell me you had made the room it was in animal proof... Because if you hadnt you could be in trouble. If the room is animal proofed, then lift everyting off the floor, chances are it's in or under something.

I proofed my room after my snake got out a few times and found out it worked when a girl let a rat loose in my room, it was there for 2 weeks before I got sick of it and set a rat trap down.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast