Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,313

1 members and 3,312 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Anyone watch Billy the Exterminator last night?

I used to think his show was sort of cool.

But now I can't say I favor him anymore.

He kills alligators and crocodiles that get over ten feet, and yes, that could be a safety precaution.

But I think it is wrong and cruel to kill animals for surviving, and growing! Any animal has every right to grow to the length it should be, and not be killed for it.

And that ball python and mouse just infuriated me, and I ranted for quite a bit. It was so cute, sweet, and docile! I think that mouse was more disgusting then the ball python was, especially with all of the feces.

And I did think it was a bit strange how she had a set up all ready for a mouse (even though it was too small), and the ball python was visible during the day. Not to mention, I don't think that ball python could of hurt any rabbit...

People like Billy are the one who give snake owners (I'm taking about the responsible ones here) bad names, snake bans, and so much more grief from reptile-phobics. If only people would take five minutes out of there day, and check this place out!

Maybe there SHOULD be a show supporting snakes, even the tiny ones like ball pythons, corn snakes, and any snake showing that they aren't the horrible creatures people make them out to be.

And I used to be deathly afraid of rattle snakes, but now I think it would be absolutely fantastic to see one in person!

Rant over.
    ~!* Mackenzie R. *!~
    (Middletown, Ohio, USA)
    ~ 1.0.0 python regius "*Ozzy*". ~

Formerly known as " Sadistic Serpent "

Thanks

Eh... I know... I shouldn't...

But I sent this e-mail to the Vexcon crew (mainly Billy):

Hello,

My name is Mackenzie, and I own a five foot long ball python.

I used to be a fan of your show.

But after your dramatic episode of the mouse and ball python, I am horrified. Ball pythons do not get twenty feet long, they will not eat dogs (or any of those rabbits!), and are extremely docile. That beautiful ball python you caught was sweet, didn't strike or coil, and I would love to have it for my own.

People like you are the sort of people who get the responsible snake owners in trouble, and we are getting constricting bans and what snakes we can own, and how we can own them! People who get snakes, realize they get too big, then release them, are called irresponsible owners, and reptile owners hate them with all of their being. Check out USARK (United States Association of Reptile Keepers), it is fighting for our rights to keep and love our reptiles.

Please do not group bad owners with us, we are already getting enough sneers and dirty looks as it is. Please don't make it worse on us, especially while holding a ball python.

Please take the time to explain to your viewers about snakes, how most of them are sweet, and that they aren't the vile creatures people make them out to be, and you aren't helping much, either.

I also think that any and every animal has the right to live to its full potential, get as big as it is supposed to be (and I am not talking about Lake Placid, Anaconda, or any of the shows that ruin reptiles' names, either!) and I think that wasp nest should have been re-located. They were thriving, and doing well! Yet, they get killed for it. Animals were here way before we were, but humans walk over them, and animals are going extinct. People kill more people than any species of animals ever have, yet animals are getting put down, exterminated, and killed. Animals should have the right to live, produce, and survive, and the reason why they are coming into 'human' territory is because we destroy the land, and humans are so selfish that we leave no land for animals! I think every life is important and equal down to the very wasps you exterminated (who were doing very well, by the way). Nothing should be killed for doing their purpose.

I volunteer at a reptile rescue, I go to reptile shows (I am going to the Columbus one July 24th, actually), I talk and preach about reptiles, and how you should be responsible with them, just like every animal. I love all animals, ugly, cute, venomous, non-venomous, mean, sweet, and anything in between. And I don't support killing them, either, even the vilent ones. Hey, they are way more violent people in this world, but do all of them get killed? I wish.

Fun fact:

Dogs (yes, the cute little ones that babies play with!) have killed more people and sent more people to the hospital, than snakes ever have in THIRTY YEARS.

USARK website:
    www.usark.org/

Mackenzie
    Snake fanatic, ball python owner, and I despise snake bans, and the way people treat the lovely reptiles that I call wonderful.
    Sorry, I just couldn't resist. I just hope dearly that he will realize his mistake.
    ~!* Mackenzie R. *!~
    (Middletown, Ohio, USA)
    ~ 1.0.0 python regius "*Ozzy*". ~

Formerly known as " Sadistic Serpent "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RR - Mackenzie View Post
    He kills alligators and crocodiles that get over ten feet, and yes, that could be a safety precaution.
    No choice there. It's a state law that any nuisance alligator over 8 feet must be put down and not relocated. At least the meat and skin is harvested so it is not a total waste.

Registered User Kyle@theHeathertoft's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Once again Billy has proved he is ignorant!

I seem to lack decent search-skills. Could someone link to a video clip of this? I'd like to see it for myself before I start drafting a letter/email.
    1.1 Mojave BP ("Caffè Macchiato;" name pending)
    1.0 Cinnamon BP ("Jayne")
    1.0 Pastel BP ("Elliot")
    0.1 Normal BP ("Biscotti")
    0.1 Spider BP (name pending)
    0.1 Apricot Pueblan Milksnake ("Bowline")
    1.0 Dumeril Boa ("Julien")
    0.1 Super-Dwarf Reticulated Python ("Temperance")

Thanks

http://www.aetv.com/billy-the-exterm...d=167647509001

Here's the episode.
    What a loser! Also... what's up with his hair?
    1.0 Ball Python - Bellamy

I love balls.

Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Once again Billy has proved he is ignorant!

Ya I saw that it was a ball right away after that episode that I stopped watching him .

Thanks

LOL AT THE DESCRIPTION OF THE VIDEO:

"Billy heads to the Juergen's Residence where a dangerous python has found its way into the house, terrorizing the family"

what... the... hell...

Oh, also "MA'AM GET BACK!!!!!!!"

like it was going to kill her.

What a peice of work, I hate him

Thanks

yeah I LOL'd hard, too.
    The description really cracked me up.

Also, it was a baby ball... honestly, I'm convinced the show planted it in the house, what baby ball just hangs out in a kitchen?

Legit, I think I'll e-mail these idiots with some fashion tips and/or a lesson in basic snake species
    1.0 Ball Python - Bellamy

I love balls.

Registered User Kyle@theHeathertoft's Avatar
    Thanks

I wrote a fairly angry yet articulate letter and emailed them. I'm...so angry and disgusted right now.

I did lol at the raging mullet though, just a little. I thought that species was extinct long ago, aparently I was wrong!!!!
    1.1 Mojave BP ("Caffè Macchiato;" name pending)
    1.0 Cinnamon BP ("Jayne")
    1.0 Pastel BP ("Elliot")
    0.1 Normal BP ("Biscotti")
    0.1 Spider BP (name pending)
    0.1 Apricot Pueblan Milksnake ("Bowline")
    1.0 Dumeril Boa ("Julien")
    0.1 Super-Dwarf Reticulated Python ("Temperance")

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    Why is Snakebytes - or similar show - not on TV? It would help balance out these type of shows.
    cuz networks dont want to air shows that show facts they only want shows that have shock value
    "So far this is the oldest that I've been"
    'If you can make it through the nite, there's a brighter day'
    "I'm out the game, put the 2nd string in."
    "live with the pain and keep trying or die knowing you never gave anything a chance"
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive"
    "No one can take away your dreams"

People for the Ethical Treatment of Agriculture

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast