Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,262

0 members and 3,262 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Review on Fedex service

Hi there,

I just received a beautiful pastel today in the most unpleasant fashion. I had been up since 8 expecting my parcel, and refreshed the tracking system page often. Often enough to catch FedEx trying to pull a fast one over me.

It was already 1040 and the package still hadnt arrived. Worried i checked the tracking page. To which i found out that the status had been 'Delievered - Left at front door. Package delivered to recipient address - release authorized'

The odd thing was, it was not to be found. Flustered, i checked if i had sent the right address to the breeder. Yes i did. So i was heading out to the leasing office when i saw a FedEx Truck pull in. and went back to wait by my porch. The delivery man walked up to me and asked me if i was expecting this package and i said yes. And i also proceeded to question him about the tracking system in a non aggressive way. He proceeded to tell me

"Dude you're smoking weed."

to which i was at a loss of words of. He said i just got here and i that should not be happening. My dilemma is that although the snake arrived well and healthy, i lose my guarantee with the breeder as it was 'Left at the front door' even though it was not the case.

Where can i take this up with FedEx? I am extremely displeased with their service and this is the first time i used FedEx. My past UPS services have been prompt and professional. This leaves much to be desired for FedEx.

ian
    1.0 Coastal Carpet Python
    0.0.1 Aru type Green Tree Python
    0.1 Albino Dwarf Retic
    1.0 Lesser/Mojave BEL
    0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Lesser Platinum
    1.0 KingPin

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Review on Fedex service

Quote Originally Posted by ifun.jc View Post
    Hi there,

I just received a beautiful pastel today in the most unpleasant fashion. I had been up since 8 expecting my parcel, and refreshed the tracking system page often. Often enough to catch FedEx trying to pull a fast one over me.

It was already 1040 and the package still hadnt arrived. Worried i checked the tracking page. To which i found out that the status had been 'Delievered - Left at front door. Package delivered to recipient address - release authorized'

The odd thing was, it was not to be found. Flustered, i checked if i had sent the right address to the breeder. Yes i did. So i was heading out to the leasing office when i saw a FedEx Truck pull in. and went back to wait by my porch. The delivery man walked up to me and asked me if i was expecting this package and i said yes. And i also proceeded to question him about the tracking system in a non aggressive way. He proceeded to tell me

"Dude you're smoking weed."

to which i was at a loss of words of. He said i just got here and i that should not be happening. My dilemma is that although the snake arrived well and healthy, i lose my guarantee with the breeder as it was 'Left at the front door' even though it was not the case.

Where can i take this up with FedEx? I am extremely displeased with their service and this is the first time i used FedEx. My past UPS services have been prompt and professional. This leaves much to be desired for FedEx.

ian
    First of all system glitches happen.. I've had them say that they were delayed and they are sitting on my desk. So blaming Fed-Ex or even getting upset about it is pointless and Fed-Ex will tell you so.

Second when the breeder signed their papers for Fed-Ex they signed a paper that releases Fed-Ex from any liability when dealing with live animals. So neither of you have any recourse for a slight inconvenience.

Third any breeder worth their salt understands that shipping issues happen and should honor any guarantee they had with you regarding live delivery or life after delivery. You didn't leave the snake in your car for 12 hours in the heat of the day, or leave knowing you had a snake coming and find it two days later dead..

I'll tell you this I've shipped snakes from coast to coast and had a few hic-ups, Snakes left at wrong addresses, delays, ect ect. Most breeders will watch their tracking closer than you do. Hell my phone has running UPS and Fed-Ex updates when I have snakes out. Give the breeder a call and let them know what happened, you should be fine. Most of the time if there is a problem I'm on the phone to Fed-Ex before the customer even knows there's an issue..

for example; shipped a group of snakes to KY I get notice that they are delayed, then I get notice that they will be delivered three days later. Instantly I'm on the phone with My rep who's conferencing me with the Hub director in KY, who calls the driver and finds out that no one answered the door at the location. I conference in my customer who at this point has no clue this is all going on, we work out that the driver had the wrong address. While I'm still on the phone with my Rep, hub Manager and customer I hear the driver talking to my customer. All ended well..

Point of that story is any good business person is normally on top of problems before their customer even knows there is one..
    Last edited by Freakie_frog; 07-20-2010 at 02:34 PM.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Alright,

Thank you for clearing that up and giving me information on how the services and liabilites work. It however, does not excuse the attitude of the driver. Anywho, the snake is fine and healthy and i guess that's all that matters. Thanks for your time.

ian
    0.1 Albino Dwarf Retic
    1.0 Lesser/Mojave BEL
    0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Lesser Platinum
    1.0 KingPin

Thanks

I never pay attention to the website when I am getting a live animal. I sit outside my house in a lawn chair with an energy drink and some doritos, waiting for the driver to show up. Otherwise they will straight up throw it on my porch and drive off, no knock, no request for signature, nothing. And when I say throw, I mean throw. I have seen them deliver computer components and books by throwing them from the truck over the wall to my porch and driving off.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ifun.jc View Post
    Alright,

Thank you for clearing that up and giving me information on how the services and liabilites work. It however, does not excuse the attitude of the driver. Anywho, the snake is fine and healthy and i guess that's all that matters. Thanks for your time.

ian
    You're correct I'd at least place a call to the local fed-ex hub and express your feelings about how the driver treated you..they want to know these things, if you don't let them know then other's will have a bad experience..
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

I have already contacted them with emails and am waiting for their response. I understand that breeders have been through similar things and can sympathize, but i wish for things to be clear cut for example when he said he cant guarantee if it was left by the door. I just do not wish for unpleasant situations to arise. i hope i do not just come across as a whiny customer.

Yea i live in an apartment complex, so thats rather hard to do Oxy! i did leave the door ajar with a tiny post-it saying please leave it inside of the house if no one comes to the door (bad doorbell heh.)

I must say UPS has both times delivered way on time like an hour earlier and always knocked and asked for signatures. Maybe i just got lucky.

ian
    0.1 Albino Dwarf Retic
    1.0 Lesser/Mojave BEL
    0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Lesser Platinum
    1.0 KingPin