Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,426

2 members and 3,424 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks

Re: Stupid Bearded dragon.

wow Mav...good point. Also make sure if you are using a Power Sun or that type of bulb they are 12-18 inches away from it. That will cause they eye problems as well. A sign of that is if they are basking with their eyes closed...and keeping their eyes closed.

You also might try putting him in a window ledge for a couple of hours when the sun is out. I know mine loves that. Another issue....(and I am taking a wild guess)....if he is not quite a year old he could be going through the "terrible teens" puberty. Wanting a girl??? Some of the ppl on here that do beardie breeding could probably tell you more. Mine has never done that. He has perfected the stink eye though when he wants to come out....lol. However I was babysitting one that would do this EXACT thing
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

Thanks

No, he's not near any other reptiles. He's only about a year and a half years old. Still pretty young...He's in a glass tank, so he just randomly runs around and tries to get out of it...xC

Thanks

Mine would scratch at the class too. I ended up putting shelf liner around the outside of the cage.

And as far as the substrate goes, I use tile. Easy to clean up and I don't think he'll find a way to eat it

Sounds to me like he's just hungry though, if he's trying to eat EVERYTHING. You say he's eating roaches and salad, but what kind of salad? How many roaches?
    -J.B.
    http://www.iherp.com/jfreels
    Technology & Reptile mashup blog
    YouTube Channel
    "STOP ANTHROPOMORPHIZING YOUR ANIMALS." - WesleyTF

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is it possible he's seeing his reflection in the glass and trying to "fight" with it?
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Is it possible he's seeing his reflection in the glass and trying to "fight" with it?
    I thought of that too at first, but the OP does not mention him going black beard or pancaking himself out too, so I ruled that out.

Maybe he just wants some attention, or sees a Tv? I had a beardie that would glass dance when he was hungry, what all is he eating right now?

Could be space issues too, some people say a 40 gallon is fine but I think other wise.
    Last edited by Beardedragon; 08-02-2010 at 01:08 PM.
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

He fits pretty well in his 40 gallon breeder and has lots of room to run around, which he is taking advantage of...haha

He only gets puffy and black in the morning when I wake him up by turning on his lights, he is not a morning lizard xP

He just has one of the long flourescent tube kind, not a compact and not one of the MVB bulvs.

He eats maybe 10-15 adult dubia roaches a couple times a week, and gets a salad which includes lots of things like romane, collard greens, fruits, occasional shredded carrot, squash, etc..He'll get the occasional f/t fuzzy mouse if one of the snakes doesnt want to eat and we don't want to re-freeze it. Maybe I've given him blood lust!!!

I also add things to his house for variety and change things up every now and then thinking he's bored, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I have taken him outside on the hot alaska days, when it's in the 80's, he loves it, but thinks the big blue sky is out to get him and tries to attack it...it's pretty entertaining.
    Last edited by AkHerps; 08-02-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks

How often do you give him the salad. Dubia adults are kind of big arn't they? I still think he's hungry.

I have two, so it's hard to say exactly what they eat, but they eat everything I give them. Cup of salad every day with other veggies and sometimes fruit and about 60 medium mealworms. Then before I got to work I give them about 30 crickets. I get home and give them more crickets and then I had feed them mealies or supers about an hour before they go to bed.
    -J.B.
    YouTube Channel

Thanks

Duba roaches adults are really big. Some of them are bigger than my thumb. He gets salad every day, way more than a cup, he's a piggy, but he's not fat at all.

I'll try upping the roaches and see how that goes. I feed him the roaches until he stops, which is after about 10-15.

Thanks

u feed him enough? or he just wants to get out?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AkHerps View Post
    Duba roaches adults are really big. Some of them are bigger than my thumb. He gets salad every day, way more than a cup, he's a piggy, but he's not fat at all.

I'll try upping the roaches and see how that goes. I feed him the roaches until he stops, which is after about 10-15.
    Don't try and feed him more in one session, give him more sessions.
    -J.B.
    YouTube Channel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast