Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,396

1 members and 3,395 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Need help!! First clutch layed!!

So I have been waiting and waiting for my one girl that is of size to lay this season. With the great luck I have she layed sometime these past 5 days that I have been out of town for a wedding. I came into the room and saw that there were 3 somewhat shrivled eggs to the side and she is wrapped around a few others. I dont know what to do. Please help.

Thanks

Re: Need help!! First clutch layed!!

So i got an incubator first thing this morning,but I am considering just letting her maternally incubate the eggs since I dont really know how long ago she layed them. Someone please help.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Pictures might help determine the state of the eggs.

But if you are going to maternally incubate then you need to do your best to make sure the female can get the conditions right by changing the enclosure temps and humidity if you need to.

But first you need to tell us what they are like at the moment so is she laying on the cool end or warm end, on top of any UTH or anything and what is the humidity where she is?

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

I would use the incubator because you will maintain proper humidity! The shriveled eggs sound like they are too dry!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

At the very least incubate the ones she's not coiled around as she probly won't take them in.

Thanks

Today has been a looong day. The incubator I borrowed was not working so I made one out of a cooler and submersible heater. This is my first clutch ever and I am second guessing everything I do. I only moved the 3 eggs that the big girl did not take in. I already candled them and there are very prominent red veins throughout. Should I let big mamma handle the eggs she's wrapped around or should I bring them into the egg box aswell? In her tub its about 89 degrees for a hot point and 85-90% humidity (back area). I have the egg box at 88 degrees and 90% humidity. My hygrometer is not digital though, its one of the round stick on analog type by zilla. Ill try and get pictures later.

Thanks

bump!!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I'm guessing this is your first clutch?

seeings how you have a few in the incubator and a few still with the female you could leave it as such so that you get to witness both ends on the spectrum of hatching eggs (just a thought).

If you are worried about getting the female back to feeding and getting her weight back up then I would take the eggs she is on and put them in with the others.

There are post on maternally incubating one is an ongoing current thread you may want to check out.

If you are going to let her do the work just keep in mind they may take a bit longer to hatch then the ones in the incubator so when it gets close to that time don't let it overly stress you that the ones in the incubator have hatched and the others haven't yet.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks