Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,160

1 members and 3,159 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Thread: First Shed!

Thanks

First Shed!

Well my BP Shed the day I got back from my trip which was 2 days ago (The 12th) and right after he was done eating he was rubbing is nose and neck all over the place and thats when my dad pointed out that his skin under his neck was peeling back so my dad lifted him up and put him in is cage and I got the humidity really high and in the morning it was all in 1 piece. Also his eyes were cleared up when I got back so I think he shed his eye caps first. But he seems to be happier and he is getting use to me. I can grab him so close to his head and there is no reaction from him.

Thanks

Re: First Shed!

Yay! If you still have his shed skin, you can check the head part for the eye caps. If they came off they will be attached to the shed. My Elmo isn't head shy, either! I can pet his head and he doesn't flinch.
    Humans: 0.1 Amanda, 1.0 Husband, 2.3 Children
    Ball Pythons: 2.2 "Classics" - Elmo (RIP), Mr. Noodle, Zoe, and Molly, 1.0 Pastel - Oscar, 1.0 Pinstripe het Hypo - Romeo, 1.0 Enchi - Eccleston 1.0 Mojave - Mr. Pillows, 1.0 Mojave Enchi - Commander Pumpkin Guns, 1.0 Black Pastel - Count Chocula 0.1 Butter het Hypo - Kerry Gold, 0.1 Spinner - Lucinda, 0.1 Spider - Luna, 0.1 Orange Ghost - Juliet 0.1 Blue Eyed Leucistic - Snow, and 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi YB 50% het Hypo 1.0 Bumblebelly - Ted Legend
    Other Snakes: 7.8 Boas, 1.1 Reticulated Pythons - Little Sister and Giovanni, 2.1 Blood Pythons - Gonzo, Snugglewumps and Narcissa, 0.1 Dumerils Boa - Blossom
    Lizards: 0.0.1 BTS - Smaug, 0.1 Bearded Dragon - Kilgharrah, 0.1 Leopard Gecko - Mavis

Thanks

Re: First Shed!

Quote Originally Posted by Punkymom View Post
    Yay! If you still have his shed skin, you can check the head part for the eye caps. If they came off they will be attached to the shed. My Elmo isn't head shy, either! I can pet his head and he doesn't flinch.
    I'm pretty sure he shed his eyes caps cause they look nice and shiny.