Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,409

4 members and 3,405 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Last Airbender Movie

I have never been this disappointed in a movie in my life.

Thanks

Re: The Last Airbender Movie

Agreed. I'm 99% positive it was the worst movie I've ever seen. I'm a huuuuge fan of the series, and am in general very good at appreciating movies based on a book or movie, but it was horrible. I didn't enjoy it at all. I could go on for hours.

My biggest beef with it was the casting, I think. The fact that the main characters were white would not bother me in the least, if they were good actors. It was very strange casting. Main actors: white. Extras from the Earth and Water Tribes: mixed. Fire Nation: Indian. Weird. In some interview I heard M. night say something about wanting to make it as authentically Asian influenced as possible, which was his excuse for changing the pronunciation of all the names (also ). However, he then goes and makes those casting choices, and, and this really got me, makes the dragon as non-asian as possible?! Duh. Casting has two important parts in my eyes: the ability of the actor/actress to act, and for some movies, although some would argue, cultural differences. I could care less about casting white actors; but if you're going to deviate that much from the show and then claim you're keeping the movie as authentic as possible, casting excellent actors in place of culturally accurate ones would have helped alot. Buuuut he paid attention to neither of these.

And the script was so poorly written.

And that head water tribe guy's honking/bellowing/call-to-arms "we're going to war" thing was possibly the strangest thing I've ever seen.

Man, usually bad movies don't get me this worked up. But sheesh. I liked at the end though, when it said "written, produced, and directed by M. Night Shaymlyanaladansalsdf (sp?)" It was that bad because he couldn't get anyone to back him. It was just him.

UUUUGH AND THE BENDING. (you thought I was done, didn't you? ) I thought that at least would be really cool. But they did so much work, flinging their arms around, and then a couple little droplets would hover around. And the sparring looked like it was in slow motion.

Overall, a poorly made film, in my opinion. Hopefully he doesn't get the right to the next two books.
    1.0 normal ball python, Simon
    1.0 spider ball python, Noah
    0.1 genetic blurry ball python, Eleanor

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    - the fox

Thanks

Awww, I havnt seen it yet...I sit and wait for Blueray's to come out because I hate theaters, havnt been to one since I was a kid. But I have been waiting on this one thinking it was going to be an awesome movie, they always make the previews look amazing of course, this is kind of a bummer but Im sure I will get it anyway, besides...if I hate it, theres always Craigslist, lol.

Need to add "SPOILER ALERT" to the thread title !!!!!
    Last edited by tonyaltn; 07-03-2010 at 02:14 AM.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonygreif/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/tonyaltn

2.0 Ball Pythons
    1.0 Albino Burmese Python
    0.1 Pastel Boa BCI
    1.0 Dwarf Boa
    1.0 Dwarf Boa (Different Locality)
    1.0 Reverse Okeetee Corn

Thanks

dang i really was excited a wanted to see it
    Last edited by dr del; 07-03-2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: removing T.O.S violation

Single Serving Friend jsmorphs2's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh no!! I haven't seen it yet but was REALLY exited about a live action Avatar movie. I LOVE the cartoon!! But as soon as I saw M. Knight Shyamalan was directing it, both my husband an I though "OH NOOOO!!! I have been VERY disappointed in his movies and just knew he would wreak this one. Hopefully when I go see it I won't be too sad. But I agree, the casting was ridiculously off. That was the first red flag.
    ~Jessica~

Thanks

SICK BURN!

Seriously, they got me too with the movie... I really thought it was going to be good when they were showing the previews. I mean jaw droppingly good, like Beat that overhyped Avatar movie out of the water good.

However according to my sister it's a waste of time, which is sad. Luckily I didnt actually see it because Avatar TLA is already on thin ice with me, what with them taking an amazing idea and then turning it into a kid's show.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

It was a BOOOOO....

Dislike
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Ball Python Aficionado Adam Chandler's Avatar
    Thanks

After watching "The Happening" I swore I would never watch another of M. Night Shyamalan's movies. His movies have gone way down since the Sixth Sense.
    Last edited by Adam Chandler; 07-03-2010 at 02:38 AM.
    "We are artists using locus and alleles as our paint; the ball python as our canvas" - Colin Weaver

Check out my Photoblog!

Thanks

Yeah, it was definitely a huge waste of money And it could have been SO GOOD.
    1.0 normal ball python, Simon
    1.0 spider ball python, Noah
    0.1 genetic blurry ball python, Eleanor

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    - the fox

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oxylepy View Post
    SICK BURN!

Seriously, they got me too with the movie... I really thought it was going to be good when they were showing the previews. I mean jaw droppingly good, like Beat that overhyped Avatar movie out of the water good.

However according to my sister it's a waste of time, which is sad. Luckily I didnt actually see it because Avatar TLA is already on thin ice with me, what with them taking an amazing idea and then turning it into a kid's show.
    I thought the movie Avatar was pretty good. Nothing this Airbender movie was going to beat. It didn't look that great from the previews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast