Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,262

1 members and 3,261 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: New Yellow Anaconda owners (pics)

I just don't want to see our hobby get put under the microscope anymore then it already is.

Be careful about any snakes in the yard, especially yellows, because most people assume they are slow but on the contrary they're quite fast.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    People need to be responsible, and get snakes for the right reason instead of trying to be "popular" or "cool".
    Hehe, our "popularity" among our friends actually went downward when we got our first few snakes They don't visit much nowadays, most of them are a bit scared of snakes.
    Well we didn't get them because we wanted to be popular or cool anyways there's something extremely fascinating about snakes, I just want to learn more about them. It's just fun to own these beautiful creatures and take care of them.
    I bought my first corn snake on 2008 and after that I (and soon my bf too) got hooked on snakes.

So having 9 snakes in our apartment doesn't make us popular, quite the opposite. But still I love this hobby even though friends don't visit as much as they used to

And to the actual subject Pamela has gotten more calm and haven't bitten as much as she did in the beginning. She gets scared very easily though, and when she does that, she starts to bite. But she's getting more confident every day.
    1.0 Ball Python (normal) 0.1 Cali King 4.2 Corn Snakes (Pewter, Candycane, Anery stripe, Amela Stripe, Diffused/Bloodred, Normal) 0.1 Eunectes notaeus 1.0 Greenbottle Blue Tarantula

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

My girl is so tame I really love it. I rarely have friends over now because of my snakes, but honestly it's not because of my Yellow which she's approaching if I had to guess 5"? It's because they're terrified of my little snake which is my Rufous Beaked Snake. It's rather ironic when you think of how a snake the 1/15th of my Anaconda's size scares people.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks
    Friends stopped visiting us frequently when we had out first few corn snakes (and the ball python). Even though all of them are really calm and easy to handle Only one of our snakes is very unpredictable, and that is our Cali King lady (sometimes bites, sometimes poops on us, sometimes behaves like a sweetheart). Once she tried to eat a leather glove... She's quite a character

I really hope that Pamela will stay tame She hasn't bitten in a long time, and we are very glad that she hasn't
    She shed two days ago and I'll post some new pics of her when I have time to take some. It was funny that she shed into her "swimming pool", the skin was just floating next to her Perfectly shed skin

We feed her chicks and big mice, next we'll start feeding her small rats (80 - 100 grams). And still chicks so that we can feed her chickens when she's big (and big rats+rabbits).
    It seems that she likes eating mice a lot more than she likes eating chicks.

We are almost done with building her terrarium (even though she wont move there til she's big enough). I'll post some pics of it when it's ready. The size of it is 2 metres x 1 metre. And the height is 120 cm. I love how it looks even though it's not ready
    1.0 Ball Python (normal) 0.1 Cali King 4.2 Corn Snakes (Pewter, Candycane, Anery stripe, Amela Stripe, Diffused/Bloodred, Normal) 0.1 Eunectes notaeus 1.0 Greenbottle Blue Tarantula

Thanks
    Here's some pics I took yesterday. She's so beautiful ^^

She has a much tighter grip than other snakes have

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    I just don't want to see our hobby get put under the microscope anymore then it already is.

Be careful about any snakes in the yard, especially yellows, because most people assume they are slow but on the contrary they're quite fast.
    I wish it was put under the microscope more. Maybe then people would actually understand the animals and realize that they aren't man-eaters that will eat the whole cheerleading team before the crazy scientist can recapture it(lame Hollywood movie mock)
    I'll push American, before I'll drive foreign.

Don't argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Thanks

Pamela has grown quite nicely And she hasn't bitten in a loooong time

Haven't got time to update this topic, cuz I became a mom on 10th of September.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gibber19 View Post
    I wish it was put under the microscope more. Maybe then people would actually understand the animals and realize that they aren't man-eaters that will eat the whole cheerleading team before the crazy scientist can recapture it(lame Hollywood movie mock)
    i agree, which is why i take my guy out and about, i live in a umm.. "less educated" area lol and take my guy for walks now and again, but never approach people i let them come to me, and then boy do the questions fly!

iv gotten everything from is it posionus, why isnt it biting you? lol never gets old tho cause i can educate the people and show them that these arnt man eating snakes and dont look to hurt you and can actually be really cool pets

disclaimer* i feel people are gross lol and always have sanatizer on such outings and never let anyone other then me, my brother or my little cousin (he holds it cause hes 13 and like three feet tall and i get a kick out of it) and always make sure i know where the head is and am in complete control of him. for the most part people touch his butt and are all proud of them selfs which i feel is a small accomplishment but could help the hobby down the road.

better to educate the uneducated so they can make an educated disision then to fight with the stupid who is going off of mis-information and exadurations

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawu View Post

Pamela has grown quite nicely And she hasn't bitten in a loooong time

Haven't got time to update this topic, cuz I became a mom on 10th of September.
    Congratulations!
    I'll push American, before I'll drive foreign.

Don't argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Thanks

It's been a while since I've posted anything here, but here is some new photos of Pamela. Sorry for the low quality, I try to take better ones, soon-ish

And she's a sweet girl even though on the last photo it looks like my bf is trying to keep her away

Photos are resized but photobucket is playing tricks again...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast