Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,352

3 members and 3,349 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Another Hockey Thread! Free Agency

Alright well it's june 1st and free agency is upon us. I noticed we have some hockey fans out there so I thought this would be fun.

Give me some picks who would you Sign where and Who would you resign? Now you can't do everybody but a few ideas for your favorite teams might not hurt. I'm gonna list a few thoughts I had for my three favorite teams.

Philadelphia

Evgeni Nabokov- I Definatly think it's possible we might see this russian super star in the orange and black. He may not have had the very best playoff showing in the world but I think he's good enough to push philly over the top.

Marty Turco- The man I think Philly should pick. An amazing goalie who's always exciting to watch. One of my favorite NHL Players. He really knows how to Use His goal stick and pads like a pro, he's got this lzard tongue move with his stick that I love to watch him throw down. He's 34 so he doesn't have as long as Nabokov. But with turco added to philly's current mix I'd say we're a definate cup contender in 2011

Daniel Carcillo- They would be crazy not to resign the car bomb who will be an RFA today. My problem is Laviolette. Under him Carcillo lost time and wast forced to play to much of a goody goody clean system. To be honest I'd rather play like the broad street bullies, fight, cheat, and be us. And maybe not go as far. Then play straight laced goody two shoes hurricanes hockey and win a cup. It's what Bobby would have done. Carcillo should really be resigned.

Other Picks- Powe and Coburn should be resigned, probably let the UFA's go. Sorry to emery but he just sustained to many injuries. And the goalie market right now is mouth watering.

Atlanta

Frolov Atlanta needs scoring forwards, if LA is foolish enough to let him go atlanta should pounce.

Resign $= High Priority IMO
    Nik Antropov $
    Maxim Afinogenov $
    Colby Armstrong
    Evgeny Artyukhin
    Eric Boulton $
    Pavel Kubina $
    Mark Popovic
    Niclas Bergfors
    Clarke MacArthur
    Ondrej Pavelec

In Summary for atlanta they know there needs better than me, they are 2nd fiddle in my heart but I want to see southern hockey do well. I think there trade with chicago was a big mistake. They traded away far to much for players I don't consider to be very good.

Artyukhin- Big prospect acquired from dallas. The kid has size and defensive skills. I say snap him up for atleast a year.

MacArthur- He's got some style and hands. I wanna see more of what he can do

Pavelec- Had an amazing start, needs to stay. I think he'll get alot better with age.

Los Angelas

L.a has always been my favorite western team, 3rd favorite overall, the entire pacific division is fun to watch but LA for me is a cut above. I think they need to focus entirely on resigning. there young team will grow with age and make a huge splash next year I think. Frolov for me atleast would be a big resign for them even though I think they intend to let him move on.He crashed the net a good amount and he got a large number of assists. Still I doubt he'll go back to the KHL just yet.

The Kovalchuk question: If he insists on making crazy money he'll have to go back to russia. He's worthless on defense and he is an alright scorer. But to much of a free wheel. He'll need a fast and loose system to excel. If he Stays I think I'll be somewhat surprised. Though I do expect him to be bid upon heavily. He might go to L.A but I don't think he'd be a good fit in the locker room. and I think he'll cost to much. Still I'm a skeptic about him. He might not be awful for L.A

So What About you. Who would you go for if you were a GM? What names do you think will go where. Where will Kovalchuk go?
    Last edited by Seru1; 07-01-2010 at 09:56 AM.
    "Be Excellent to each other, And Party on Dudes."
    Pets
    1.2 Cats (Hyuga, Luna, Saki)
    0.1 Woma Python
    1.1 Cinnamon, 0.1 Pastel "Opera",1.0 Pinstripe, 1.0 Spider "Carcillo"
    0.0.1 Striped California Kingsnake "Ceaser" 0.0.1 Apricot Pueblan Milksnake "Bullet"
    0.0.2 Crested Geckos 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos

Thanks

Re: Another Hockey Thread! Free Agency

Well this is a sore subject because we just gave away a bunch of good guys from Chicago. Byfuglien tops the list, Versteeg, Sopel.....classic Chicago move. We win and get rid of the winning combination!

*walks away muttering curse words and kicking random objects*
    Christina

0.1 Normal BP "Cleo"
    1.1 Bearded Dragons "Munch" and "Ziggy"
    1.0 Red Eared Slider "Norwell"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Well this is a sore subject because we just gave away a bunch of good guys from Chicago. Byfuglien tops the list, Versteeg, Sopel.....classic Chicago move. We win and get rid of the winning combination!

*walks away muttering curse words and kicking random objects*
    I'm with you I hated that trade but from the opposite standpoint. Atlanta sent away a class A penalty killer. A young super sniper, And a valuable pick. I'd turn back the clock and never have made that trade.
    Pets
    0.1 Woma Python
    0.0.1 Striped California Kingsnake "Ceaser" 0.0.1 Apricot Pueblan Milksnake "Bullet"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Do you really want Nabokov in Philly?

Take it from a Sharks fan - we'd be glad to see him go.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
    Do you really want Nabokov in Philly?

Take it from a Sharks fan - we'd be glad to see him go.
    I'd much rather have turco to be frank I think he'd be a better fit. I don't think Nabokov wants to come to philly I think he wants more money than we'd offer.

I find nabokov fun to watch even though he's streaky. I would take him if we couldn't get turco though yes. He did outplay Quick and Bryzgolov a couple times. Particularly a quite memorable long lasting shoot out.
    Pets
    0.1 Woma Python

Thanks

The only trade im really angry about is Byfuglien. I understand why it was done but it just doesent seem right. Ive only been watching hockey for a few years so im not familiar with players on other teams with the exception of a few.