Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,336

2 members and 3,334 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: ReptilesExpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Repsrul View Post
    I am a little weary about giving my cc#. Maybe if the person behind the scene was well known I might not have a problem. But just to get a membership they need that info right off the bat...

I don't understand why? If I used them and how I paid for the transaction is should be up to me.
    Ditto. I need a lot more assurance before I'd consider it.
    -Eric-

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Reptiles View Post
    Ditto. I need a lot more assurance before I'd consider it.
    Ghanns appears to be one of the sponsors.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

Twisted Reptiles (07-04-2010)

Thanks

worth a shot.....how long have they been open? it seems brand new but they already have "testimonials", seems odd....
    Chris Behof
    www.cbreptiles.com
    chrisbehof@yahoo.com
    Focused on creating Stellar Carpet Pythons

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Here's a couple of links to threads concerning Reptiles Express on the Board of Inquiry. You may get some of the answers to your questions there.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=185543

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=185738

I sent Brendan an email to make sure he was aware of this thread and invited him to join the forum so he can respond to your questions directly.

Here is his reply:

I just looked at the BP thread. I am not a member or I would jump on there to answer a few of the questions. Clay Ghann is one of my partners in RE.com. We have had friend and breeders we know and trust testing our site for over 6 months now. They have supplied us with testimonials based on there testing with us. There is no cost for the membership. We use a CC to verify identity of our members. You can use the CC you have on file or any other payment you want to purchase shipping supplies or labels. I will join so I can post but until then feel free to post this email.

Brendan
    Last edited by Louis Kirkland; 07-03-2010 at 09:03 PM.
    "Selective Breeding Begins With Selective Buying"

Louis Kirkland
    Stealth Exotics on facebook
    Cornerstone Reptiles on facebook

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Louis Kirkland For This Useful Post:

771subliminal (07-04-2010),mechnut450 (08-18-2010),Wh00h0069 (07-04-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2kdime View Post
    Let us know if you get burned
    ...or if everything goes smoothly. I plan on shipping using their service soon. I will let you all know how it goes.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wh00h0069 For This Useful Post:

2kdime (07-04-2010),Twisted Reptiles (07-04-2010)

Thanks

I registered for membership for RE on Friday and by Sunday I was approved (I took a day to get the paper signed and emailed back).

I shipped my first package out yesterday which arrive perfectly this morning with out any issues or delays.

The service was awesome and responses were fast. I will defiantly be using them for any future shipping. The website is laid out very well and very easy to use.
    Rich

Thanks

I'm currently FedEx certified.... and have used them for years.... but it's good to have another option... not to mention the rates are about 20$ less than FedEx...

I sent an application to them yesterday with a few questions and Debbie Price(one of the owners) promptly called me back. Basically they corrected the issues that made SYR fail....Now that you have to sign contract saying you wont ship anything illegal... it takes the anonymity out of it....

Hopefully they work out.... I would hate to have another mass panic like with the SYR.com... ordeal

Registered User ColdBloodedCarnival's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought I should share this experience with all of you:

A couple weeks ago I signed up at Reptiles Express. I had some internet problems while signing up so I sent Debbie an email making sure everything went through. She responded VERY quickly and helped me get everything in order. Right off the bat I was impressed with their customer service.

On Tuesday (8/10) I was ready to ship my first package using Reptiles Express. I printed out the label, packaged everything up, and made my way to the nearest UPS drop off. When I got to the UPS store they told me that they wouldn't take my package. I showed them the letter Reptiles Express suggested I keep with me. The letter is signed by UPS's Director of Dangerous Goods and basically states that UPS agrees to ship live non-venomous reptiles through Reptiles Express. They UPS employees still refused to take my package.

I called Debbie and she spent the next 20 minutes making phone calls. about 35-40 minutes later everyone tells me that I have to drive to the St. Louis UPS hub and drop it off there. They said that they are expecting me over at the hub and that they will take the package.

So I make the drive out to the hub and when I get there - they refuse. More then just refusing they were all being pretty rude about it. I even heard some of the employees joking about killing the snake!!!! So I get back on the phone with Debbie and she spends the next 30-45 minutes making more phone calls. Apparently someone Debbie had spoken with was supposed to call the hub to let them know they could take the package, but the call was never made and when Debbie tried calling this person back she couldn't get a hold of her. I was really impressed with Debbie's effort. It felt great knowing I had someone fighting for me.

About an hour later UPS calls in one of their lost prevention employees. She comes in and takes a look at the letter from Reptiles Express. She asks me a lot of questions and then goes to make some phone calls. After about 20 minutes later she comes out and tells me that it was all cleared up and that I was allowed to ship the package! This lady was the only UPS employee that treated me with any kind of respect that day. She made sure that all the employees knew that they had to accept packages from me and Reptiles Express. She was very helpful!

So I finally send my package out. The next morning they arrive at their destination healthy! ...End of story? I wish it was...

The next day I receive a phone call from the helpful lost prevention lady at UPS. She tells me that the letter was fake and that the signature was copy and pasted. She says that Reptiles Express had a temporary pilot program that allowed them to ship animals but that it didn't work out. She informed me that the customers of Reptiles Express had no way of knowing any of this so none of the customers are held responsible but Reptiles Express is in a lot of trouble.

Now, UPS has really gone all over the place with their position. They went from telling me it was ok to ship to no it's not ok back to everything is fine and then back again to it's not ok. I'm really not sure what to believe here. I sent Reptiles Express an email explaining the phone call I received and Debbie emailed me back saying that she forwarded the email to the owners and that she hoped everything would be worked out soon.

I'm not sure what to think of all this. I did want to share it with all of you to get your opinions.
    -T. Ross

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ColdBloodedCarnival For This Useful Post:

Twisted Reptiles (08-16-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 952 Posts

I am shipping out a ball python today for next day delivery with ReptilesExpress. I just got a confirmation email from UPS that they received the information and I am dropping the snake off at the nearest HUB later today. I will let you know how it goes. I have the letter from ReptilesExpress, Debbies phone number, and the confirmation email all printed out just in case. You are right about Debbie though. Her customer service is outstanding and she even replied to my email within minutes on Sunday.
    - Greg

Visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/412Balls/

or our website: http://412balls.weebly.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 952 Posts

Update: I had zero issues using ReptilesExpress through UPS to ship my snake. I printed out the shipping label, attached it to the insulated box, drove down to the local UPS Customer Center (HUB) and gave it to the guy behind the counter. No questions asked other than was it pre-labeled. I had zero issues with UPS and my package was labeled as a non venomous reptile and had ball python - Python regius written on the label. Package was delivered today at 10:46 AM and the snake was in great condition. Again, the customer service I received was second to none.
    Last edited by PghBall; 08-18-2010 at 12:30 PM.
    - Greg

Visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/412Balls/

or our website: http://412balls.weebly.com/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast