Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,294

0 members and 3,294 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Talking Update!

So just as an update, I received my albino boa and couldn't be happier! The attached picture was taken with a cell phone so the color washed out a bit, but this is one great looking little guy!

Thanks

Re: Sunglow vs. Albino

Quote Originally Posted by Pals BP View Post
    Eddie,
    Thanks for the pics. I have a better understanding of the differences between the two since I started this thread. I can see from your picture of the hatchling that the saddles are a more vibrant salmon color than the orangish tan saddles on my hatchling albino.
    I think he meant that the pattern is different between the two rather than the colors. Yours possesses "normal saddles" (the patterns on their backs) while sunglows possess the "salmon saddles" since they have the salmon gene. Make sense?

And you got yourself a great lookin' boa!

Dennis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hapa_Haole View Post
    I think he meant that the pattern is different between the two rather than the colors. Yours possesses "normal saddles" (the patterns on their backs) while sunglows possess the "salmon saddles" since they have the salmon gene. Make sense?

And you got yourself a great lookin' boa!

Dennis
    Thanks Dennis, I like this boa a lot. I think "salmon" refers to not only the reduced saddle design, but also a lighter coloration that has reduced dark shades. Hence, the salmon albinos (sunglow) have more intense coloration than regular albinos, usually along with a thinner saddle design, as you mentioned. I hope that is correct, as I am still in the process of learning about the various boa morphs.

Thanks

Thanks Dennis, I like this boa a lot. I think "salmon" refers to not only the reduced saddle design, but also a lighter coloration that has reduced dark shades. Hence, the salmon albinos (sunglow) have more intense coloration than regular albinos, usually along with a thinner saddle design, as you mentioned. I hope that is correct, as I am still in the process of learning about the various boa morphs.
    Here is a normal Salmon/Hypo

High pinks and reds, reduced saddles, and smokin hot All of that combined into the albino makes a more colorful more reduced albino.
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wh00h0069 View Post
    Yours is definitely an albino. Sunglows are albino salmons. If you compare the two, you will notice that the albinos have orange saddles, and sunglows have salmon saddles. Here is a picture of one of my hatchling sunglows:

Here is a picture of my adult female boa:

Am I missing something here? I'm pretty sure Sunglows are Hypo Albinos.
    Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtails View Post
    Am I missing something here? I'm pretty sure Sunglows are Hypo Albinos.
    Salmon-Hypo = Same thing
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedragon View Post
    Here is a normal Salmon/Hypo

High pinks and reds, reduced saddles, and smokin hot All of that combined into the albino makes a more colorful more reduced albino.
    Hey thanks for this post. I just did some more research and purchased a 2010 female poss super hypo het albino (DH Sunglow). I may try to breed in the future, her plus this albino should produce some great offspring Too bad I had to get rid of the ball python to make room, but I am getting more into boas than bp's.
    She is just starting to "color up", but here she is:

Thanks

Righto. Since yours also had the vibrant colors, he used the saddle shape to distinguish the morph. I think we're both understanding the concept, but just expressing it differently haha.

Dennis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12