Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,364

1 members and 3,363 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Ball python Very Active

Quote Originally Posted by chris4554 View Post
    Where do you have the probe?
    under her hide

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xphoenix23 View Post
    i feed her live ive tried pinkies and hopper i tried in a separate container and also in her enclosure still nothing what i was told from the guy i bought her from that next time force feed her a pre killed hopper
    don't force feed. That is an absolute last option.

If she doesn't eat for the next feeding, I would strongly recommend putting the animal in a smaller enclosure.
    ~Steffe

Thanks
    Thanked 3,036 Times in 2,147 Posts

i feed her live ive tried pinkies and hopper i tried in a separate container and also in her enclosure still nothing what i was told from the guy i bought her from that next time force feed her a pre killed hopper
    Pinkies I don't waste my time with, hoppers 2-3 weeks old just smaller than weanling is probably what you should be trying.
    Jerry Robertson

Thanks

this is the message he sent me

it was live right? Try a fuzzy...its 1 size below a hopper. If she doesnt take it then you can try assist feeding. I did this only ever for the male thaty i kept in the first couple weeks of eating. He took his first meal fine but his didnt take his 2nd or 3rd. Then i assisted feeding him. You can youtube this, but all it is that you place half of the head in the mouth and causes them to start eating their meal. After that 1 time he ate normal. I never did this for her, but it may be something you want to try as babies can get pickier then adullts. its okay if an adult misses a feeding but babies need a meal in them. Assist feeding is not force feeding. Let me know how this goes. If you still have the hopper you can try assist feeding with that

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

this is the message he sent me

it was live right? Try a fuzzy...its 1 size below a hopper. If she doesnt take it then you can try assist feeding. I did this only ever for the male thaty i kept in the first couple weeks of eating. He took his first meal fine but his didnt take his 2nd or 3rd. Then i assisted feeding him. You can youtube this, but all it is that you place half of the head in the mouth and causes them to start eating their meal. After that 1 time he ate normal. I never did this for her, but it may be something you want to try as babies can get pickier then adullts. its okay if an adult misses a feeding but babies need a meal in them. Assist feeding is not force feeding. Let me know how this goes. If you still have the hopper you can try assist feeding with that
    No offense but can you not read? In your post you stated that he told you to force feed when he clearly suggested assist feeding which is NOT force feeding.

I don't think you need to resort to assist feeding yet. You have not tried "everything". If the snake has eaten on its own, it can eat on its own again. Sometimes they need a little push but that should be your last option as it does cause a considerable amount of stress.
    ~Steffe

Thanks
    Thanked 3,036 Times in 2,147 Posts

After re-looking at the snakes pictures that snake does not look "starved" and I too would suggest not forcing or assisting feeding.
    Smaller tub maybe but mostly it just needs to chill and get used to it's new home and start offering on a regular weekly schedule and not offer too often you'll just stress out the snake.
    The only snake I've had to force/assist feed was a hatchling that went over two months without eating and just had zero drive to eat.
    After one force feed he has steadily grown and is now 500 grams at just less than a year old.
    Jerry Robertson

7. The Following User Says Thank You to snakesRkewl For This Useful Post:

xphoenix23 (07-06-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
    After re-looking at the snakes pictures that snake does not look "starved" and I too would suggest not forcing or assisting feeding.
    Smaller tub maybe but mostly it just needs to chill and get used to it's new home and start offering on a regular weekly schedule and not offer too often you'll just stress out the snake.
    The only snake I've had to force/assist feed was a hatchling that went over two months without eating and just had zero drive to eat.
    After one force feed he has steadily grown and is now 500 grams at just less than a year old.
    well ill wait till Sunday to feed her

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts

Enclosure is too large. Hide cave is too large. Scale everything down, make sure the temperatures are RIGHT, and give her 3 days, then try feeding her whatever it was she last ate, for the breeder.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

Thanks

hey guys i was wondering how do i make the cool side cooler ? my cool side is 82 how do i get it to 75 ?

Thanks

hey guys i was wondering how do i make the cool side cooler ? my cool side is 82 how do i get it to 75 ?
    82 is perfect. You don't need it any cooler than that. When you drop to 75 it gets a little dangerous. Keep it as is. i keep my ball room at 80 all the time.
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast