Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,321

3 members and 3,318 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Being fair about PetSmart (and buying your ball python from them)

ooook now im getting sick of petsmart. if it was not the only store in the area i would never go there again. The ceramic heat bulb i got to replace the lights just broke. I bought it YESTERDAY.
    I'm new! If you have advice, I welcome your input and appreciate it as well!

Thanks

Well, this is depressing. She started to get agitated and you couldn't even walk past the tank without her hissing at you. So I checked on her, (thermometers and stuff were reading fine, 50ish humidity and 90ish temp on hot side) and she had this black splotch on her side. SO, started calling vets and was told it was probably a burn, and if my lamps were high enough, call the pet store and see if their lamps are too hot or too close. so i called and they wanted to look at her so i took her in and they were like "Well, we can take her to the vet we have working here, and get her checked out." Apparently what i DIDN'T hear them say was that they were going to refund me and take her back. I guess technically yes i agreed to this and "surrendered" the animal. But i didn't even hear them say it. So Hecate is back at the store and they aren't wanting to sell her back to me, because i "surrendered" her. Great time to be half deaf isnt it.

Edit: In other words, never take the animal back to petsmart even if they just want to look them over. Hell, at this point i agree with the title, dont buy from petsmart.
    Last edited by m3gz; 03-28-2017 at 01:23 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to m3gz For This Useful Post:

Kaorte (03-28-2017)

Registered User predatorkeeper87's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m3gz View Post
    Well, this is depressing. She started to get agitated and you couldn't even walk past the tank without her hissing at you. So I checked on her, (thermometers and stuff were reading fine, 50ish humidity and 90ish temp on hot side) and she had this black splotch on her side. SO, started calling vets and was told it was probably a burn, and if my lamps were high enough, call the pet store and see if their lamps are too hot or too close. so i called and they wanted to look at her so i took her in and they were like "Well, we can take her to the vet we have working here, and get her checked out." Apparently what i DIDN'T hear them say was that they were going to refund me and take her back. I guess technically yes i agreed to this and "surrendered" the animal. But i didn't even hear them say it. So Hecate is back at the store and they aren't wanting to sell her back to me, because i "surrendered" her. Great time to be half deaf isnt it.

Edit: In other words, never take the animal back to petsmart even if they just want to look them over. Hell, at this point i agree with the title, dont buy from petsmart.
    raise holy hell with the manager and if he/she does nothing raise hell with the district manager. You'll get the snake back, I'd be willing to bet on it.

never trust their vets either, they are paid by the corporate offices to assess if an animal can be sold, they don't actually care. Start blowing up the district manager's email and cell number if its available (the local petsmart here made their DM less accessible after I lost my mind on her lol)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I'm sorry to hear this. I know you went through a lot for Hecate and you had already gotten attached. Don't let this discourage you, though. Maybe this is a great opportunity to get your husbandry spot on and save a few bucks and buy a BP you will love even more from a reputable dealer.
    Let the whole experience be a learning experience, but don't let it ruin snakes for you. You'll be more prepared next time and make a great snake mom.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Kaorte (03-28-2017)

Thanks
    I already talked to the manager, it seems to be part of an animal cruelty law. I was gonna try to get my bf to go in and buy her back, but I'm not sure if they'll count it as by me because of our address. Or even if they'll have her back out yet. Been googling cases of this since it happened and cant find any information on it :/ I'd really like to get her back, but if i cant idk if im going to be into getting another snake.

Banned
    Thanks
    Well, I'm sorry this situation is discouraging you. Maybe it might be best to move on then. Maybe all that excitement was just excitement, short-lived and not passion. It's pretty common for people to think snakes are awesome!!! Only to get bored with them let them suffer, move on after realizing they aren't the pet they were hoping for. Only you really know if you should own a snake.
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 03-28-2017 at 06:23 AM.

Thanks

Its more like, i got attached and then lost her really fast. And for no reason. I would enjoy it, but im the kind of person that once i lose something, its hard for me to trust anything similar to it. My bf is upset because he never even got to meet her :/ i think even if i dont find another snake he will.

Registered User predatorkeeper87's Avatar
    Thanks

I already talked to the manager, it seems to be part of an animal cruelty law. I was gonna try to get my bf to go in and buy her back, but I'm not sure if they'll count it as by me because of our address. Or even if they'll have her back out yet. Been googling cases of this since it happened and cant find any information on it :/ I'd really like to get her back, but if i cant idk if im going to be into getting another snake.
    That's a bunch of BS, find the law and read it over if it even exists. Call your local animal shelters and ask them about that supposed law, they'd know far better. Email their corporate office, tell them you didn't surrender the animal you wanted their vet to examine it and the employees never said you were surrendering it, now you've lost your pet because the store's employees were not forthcoming with you. Corporate offices hate bad publicity, if they come back with some more crap about not giving you the snake back, politely let them know you'll be going to a news outlet about how petsmart took your pet, I'd put money on results in your favor. Be polite, but direct.

Banned
    Thanks

Its more like, i got attached and then lost her really fast. And for no reason. I would enjoy it, but im the kind of person that once i lose something, its hard for me to trust anything similar to it. My bf is upset because he never even got to meet her :/ i think even if i dont find another snake he will.

Well, like I said, only you know if you should have a snake. I hope everything works out for you

Thanks

Has that worked before? Im willing to try it but im not usually a confrontational person o-o; So, list is, email corporate people, and check actual laws. oki ill have my bf write the email, hes really good at that o-o;; polite with just the right amount of threat ._.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to m3gz For This Useful Post:

Kaorte (03-28-2017)

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast