Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,307

2 members and 3,305 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Stepped on a nail

I was going over to check out the house that they're building next door to us, and I slipped and landed on a board with several nails sticking out the bottom. It's not that deep of a wound, just like a quarter of an inch, but I'm still not a fan of holes in my foot. Also, lucky for me, I wasn't up to date on my tetanus shots, so I had to go to an urgent care center and get a shot, which I haven't gotten for over nine years! Bleh...Just felt the need to rant.
    Dude, where did Bob go?

Thanks

Re: Stepped on a nail

Ouch! That sucks. Just be sure to keep it clean, foot holes take a bit of time to heal 'cause you are always putting pressure on it. I had a similar foot hole and it was a PITA. The tetanus shot will probably hurt more than the hole in your foot. I recently had to get one (my friend's stupid cat mauled me!!) and my arm hurt for days!
    Heal fast

Thanks

Pics
    1.0 Normal ball python
    and my other animals 1.1 dogs

BG and Skiploder fan

Thanks

Ouch! I did that when I was a kid. My friends room was a mess and I didn't see the nail. I'll never forget walking, er hopping, across the house to her mom to show her a board hanging out of my foot.

Hope you heal soon!
    2.0 Crested Geckos

Thanks

Ouch! I feel your pain.

I had a metal spike go into my foot when I was ten. Funny thing was I really did not feel it go in. You should have seen my walking back to my house. I walked along the curve so my foot with the nail in it was hanging off the sidewalk. Then I crawled up the stairs and told my parents what happened. My father said I can pull it out. He touched it and I screamed. I said don't touch it take me to the hospital. They yanked and pulled on it there too. Until one of the doctors said lets cut the shoe. As they where cutting my shoe the spike move so they just yanked it out. After it was out the doctor was digging around to remove the rusty metal particles and she hit my bone, that was a very weird feeling. She did not remove all of the particles and I need surgery to remove the rest after my foot swelled up and was infested. I still was some of the metal in my foot.

Thanks

Sorry to hear about that. Be careful, foot wounds can become infected somewaht easily. Shots are never fun, but they beat having to go through an operation treating the blood infected wound in your foot.

Take Care!
    Jim Smith

Thanks

I stepped on 3 Nails all at the same time right next to each other when I was about 6-7 and all I remember is my foot bleeding like crazy and then the next thing I remember is being at the doctors. It hurt so bad.